How are messages received from spiritual sources?
Spiritual messages that are received by psychics, mediums, and channelers are similar in that they are coming from non-physical beings that are not part of our current dimension.
However, there are some important differences.
Psychics and mediums use “the clairs”
Psychics and mediums are using what I refer to as “the clairs” to receive messages from spiritual entities.
The most commonly used clairs include the following:
- Clairvoyance – Visual images
- Clairaudience – Sounds
- Clairsentience – Body sensations
- Subcategories of clairsentience include empathy (emotions), clairolfaction (smells), clairgustation (tastes)
- Claircognizance – Thoughts
How do psychics and mediums communicate messages to a client?
For psychics, these messages typically come from angels, archangels, ascended masters, guides, and many other entities that are “in the Light.” For mediums, their focus is to bring through messages being conveyed by deceased loved ones, including deceased pets.
With psychic and mediumship connections, the entity remains “outside” the person receiving the messages.
For example, let’s say that I’m doing a mediumship session, and I connect with my client’s deceased Aunt Sally. She can use any of the clairs to communicate with me, but she will remain at a distance. She “projects” the information to me in the form of the clairs.
Here are some example of messages I might convey to my client from Aunt Sally during this mediumship session:
- “I’m seeing (clairvoyance) someone who has short light grey hair and is wearing a sun dress with flowers on it.”
- “I’m hearing (clairaudience) that she was known as a good cook and loved to bake.”
- “I’m feeling a pain in my right knee (clairsentience), which may mean she had a bad knee.”
- “I am feeling a great deal of love (empathy) coming from her toward you.”
Notice that my statements are all in the 3rd person. I (Anne) am describing to my client what Aunt Sally has conveyed to me using “the clairs.” As a medium, I am speaking for Aunt Sally.
What is channeling?
Channeling is often defined as the act of allowing a spiritual entity (e.g., angel, archangel, ascended master, guide, deceased loved one) to merge, join, or enter your body and use your vocal cords to communicate directly with those on the Earth plane.
NOTES: For a description of the different types of channeling, see my blog post What Is Channeling and Different Forms of Channeling.
How would messages shared during a channeling session differ from those during a psychic or mediumship session?
Let’s return the example of Aunt Sally. If I were to channel Aunt Sally (which is a special form of channeling called physical mediumship), I would allow my soul to “step out of the way” and give permission to the soul of Aunt Sally to join with my body. This would allow Aunt Sally to convey messages directly to the client.
Here are some examples of messages I might convey to my client if I were channeling Aunt Sally:
- “Hi honey, I love you so much!”
- “Do you remember baking pies with me when you were younger?”
- “I loved being able to take care of you when your parents were at work, and I’m glad we had the special time together.”
Consequently, my statement to my client would be in the 1st person rather than the 3rd person. I (Anne) am no longer present. It is Aunt Sally who is speaking directly to my client.
- Anne’s Blog – Posts in relevant categories
- Training and mentoring sessions with Anne
- Anne’s Psychic Development classes
- Anne’s Mediumship classes
- Complete list of classes and workshops that are offered through IMPART
- Frequently asked questions about how to develop your abilities
- Testimonials and reviews
- IMPART’s online Store
- Be sure to Join Anne’s Online Community to receive:
- Announcements about class offerings, new Blog posts, and new online products when they become available.
- New & Full Moon Reports.
- If you have additional questions, feel free to email us at Anne@AnneReith.com or call (714) 599-0017.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.