How to Learn Astrology
Beginning Astrology: Understanding Yourself and Others
Instructor: Anne Reith, Ph.D.
Learn astrology and also explore your life script by using your natal (AKA birth) chart!
Anne describes her 10-part Beginning Astrology: Understanding Yourself and Others course as analogous to building the foundation of a house. If the foundation of your house is secure (i.e., your basic understanding of astrology), then your house (i.e., your future studies of astrology) will stand strong for years to come.
By combining her knowledge of astrology, her background in psychology, and her love of teaching, Anne will guide you through a step-by-step process of interpreting your own natal/birth chart. You will not only build the foundation of your house, but you will also gain amazing insights about yourself. This information that will lead to greater self-acceptance and peace of mind.
Just a few of these possible discoveries include:
- What are your life lessons?
- Where in your life will luck and recognition most likely come from?
- How do you prefer to communicate with others (and be communicated with)?
- What qualities do you need in a work environment or in a significant other in order to be happy?
- How do people view you (even if you aren’t aware of it or comfortable with it)?
- What do you need to heal within yourself before you can help others?
NOTE: Click here for more information about all of Dr. Anne’s astrology courses.
Beginning Astrology course objectives
- Review basic information about astrology (e.g., history, types of charts)
- Learn how to read an astrological chart (e.g., houses, angles, degrees, minutes)
- Discover the meanings of the 10 planets, 12 houses, and 12 astrological signs
- Learn about hemispheres, quadrants, elements, modalities, and polarities
- Explore additional fun stuff, such as the asteroid Chiron, the Moon’s Nodes, and the Gauquelin sectors
- Take a preliminary look at how to interpret a chart
What is included in the Beginning Astrology course
- An extensive 270-page Beginning Astrology: Understanding Yourself & Others manual presented in an easy-to-use workbook format
- Live instruction with time for questions (classes are offered as a Zoom webinar)
- A copy of your natal chart (AKA birth chart) and other supportive print-outs
- The opportunity to view recordings from each class. Each class will be recorded, and each recording will be made available for the duration of the course and for an additional 2 months after the conclusion of the course. Only those registered for the course will be given access to the recordings. This is a wonderful opportunity for (a) those who were present at the class and would like to review some or all of the class content in order to “lock in the learning” and (b) for those who have to miss a class for any reason.
Distance learning opportunity
This course is being offered ONLINE as a Zoom webinar. Anyone is welcome to attend, regardless of your geographic area!
All class material will be provided in electronic form, including your manual/workbook and copies of your natal/birth chart.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The live instruction will occur between 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the Pacific Time Zone (click here for time zone converter). Unfortunately, due to Anne’s teaching and writing schedule, questions will need to be asked during the live webinars. Questions cannot be asked in between class meetings (e.g., by email), unless it is to ask for clarification about a recently covered topic. The question will be addressed during the next live class. However, the videos and workbook typically provide more than enough information to understand the course content.
Special requirement of all students enrolled in Beginning Astrology course
Learning astrological information is a cumulative process (i.e., understanding new information requires understanding previously presented information). Therefore, if you enroll in this course, you will need to make a commitment to review the video of a missed class before attending the next class. Time cannot be spent in the next class getting you “caught up.”
How to repeat the Beginning Astrology course for a reduced fee
Those who have previously taken Anne’s multi-part Beginning Astrology: Understanding Yourself & Others course can retake the course for a reduced fee. Contact Anne in order to determine if you are eligible for the reduced fee and to discuss payment options.
Here’s what students are saying about Dr. Anne’s Beginning Astrology course
“I highly recommend Anne Reith’s remarkably informative Beginning Astrology class. Anne’s approach to teaching this complex subject was very methodical and easy to digest. Once students had a strong understanding of the fundamentals, she then guided us in the exploration of our own natal charts. Anne provided a comprehensive manual, charts, and tools; and the recorded online classes allowed me to review content at my own time and rate. I am grateful for this class as it has provided me with a deeper understanding of my innate traits and clarified my relationships with others. I’m excited to take the next Intermediate and Advanced classes!” (D.S., Marina Del Rey, CA)
“The content of Anne’s Beginning Astrology course was exceptionally detailed and thorough. The excellent examples in every session brought the content to life. I was especially grateful for all the reference material in the appendices. The tools Anne provided for analyzing charts really resonated with me. The sample script that was provided is an incredible gift that showcases her years of experience and expertise.” (L.P., Yorba Linda, CA)
“As with every subject Anne teaches, she explained astrology in simple and easy to follow steps. Yet, her depth of knowledge about this subject is profound, and she does not teach it on a superficial, shallow level. What I like about Anne’s approach is that she looks at astrology and the interpretation of natal charts from the perspective of a psychologist, which gives the information deeper meaning. I enjoyed attending the live online classes, which allowed me to ask questions. It was also very helpful to learn how to find the Full and New Moons in my natal chart. There is much more I could praise and have learned in Anne’s Beginning Astrology class. I greatly recommend it and cannot wait for her next Intermediate Astrology course.” (P.D., Costa Mesa, CA)
“I highly recommend Anne’s Beginning Astrology course. Her manual and all class presentations are very easy to follow. Regardless if you are a beginner or an experienced astrologer, by the end of the course you will have learned a lot!” (M.P., Irvine, CA)
Money back guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with the course, you can receive a refund of your tuition, minus any fees charged by PayPal. However, in order to qualify, you must (a) attend the first class (or view the recording of the first class) and (b) request a refund before the 2nd class meeting on Thursday, January 21. Refunds will not be issued after that time.
Beginning Astrology inquiry form
Registration information for the Beginning Astrology course
* * * CLASS CLOSED TO NEW STUDENTS * * *
NEXT COURSE: Beginning Astrology will be offered again starting in January 2022. Let us know if you’d like to be added to the “Interested List” for this course. You can fill out the form above, email us at Anne@AnneReith.com, or call (714) 599-0017.
DATES: 1st & 3rd Thursdays, January through May 2021
- This is a 10-part course
- Specific dates during 2021: January 7 & 21, February 4 & 18, March 4 & 18, April 1 & 15, May 6 & 20
TIME: 7:00-9:00 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone, click here for time zone converter)
PREREQUISITE: None! (Beginning, intermediate, & advanced students are welcome!)
ZOOM: Preregistered students will be sent logon information the morning of the class
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED: Contact us at Anne@AnneReith.com or call (714) 599-0017
TUITION: Course includes ten (10) 2-hour classes, live online instruction, access to video archive of class meetings, and a 270-page workbook and all astrological charts (in printable formats)
- Optional Payment Plans**
- 2 payments of $170
- 3 payments of $115
**All payment plans include an administration fee
NOTE: IMPART uses PayPal as our method of invoicing and for processing payments made with a credit card provided over the phone. If your method of payment is PayPal and if a refund is approved, then the refunded amount will be the total that was charged, minus the PayPal merchant fees (i.e., 2.9% of the total plus a 30¢ transaction fee).
- PayPal invoice
- Credit card payment over the phone
NOTE: If a check is used, it must be received at least 1 week in advance of the 1st class meeting
PAYMENT PLAN POLICIES:
- The first payment must be received in order to confirm registration in the course.
- If a 2-payment plan is selected, then the 2nd payment must be received no later than the 2nd class meeting (i.e., January 21).
- If a 3-payment plan is selected, then the 2nd payment must be received no later than the 2nd class meeting (i.e., January 21), and the 3rd payment must be received no later than the 4th class meeting (i.e., February 18).
NOTE: Those electing to use a payment plan must provide credit card authorization for additional payments.
Astrological charts for Beginning Astrology course
As part of your tuition, you will receive all charts used during the course. This chart can either be (a) for you or (b) for one person of your choosing.
In order to prepare your chart, you will need to provide the following information when registering for this course:
- Your name
- EXACT place of birth (i.e., city, county, state, country)
- EXACT date of birth
- EXACT time of birth
- Include A.M. or P.M.
- Include source of information (e.g., birth certificate, mother’s report)
NOTES ABOUT CHARTS:
- Having your natal (birth) chart is an important part of your enjoyment of this course. If you do not have exact birth information, you can still enroll in this course. However, please consult with Anne before preregistering.
- Anne would be glad to prepare additional charts for your family or friends. There will a $15 charge per chart, which include other supportive information.
- To sign up to receive Anne’s New & Full Moon Updates, please Join Anne’s Online Community.
- Anne also teaches the following Astrology courses: (a) Intermediate Astrology: Aspects, Configurations, Patterns, and Basic Chart Interpretation and (b) Advanced Astrology: Advanced Natal Chart Interpretation, Transits, and Much More!
- To learn more about Anne’s classes, see FAQ’s About IMPART’s Classes and Anne’s Calendar.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.