In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 8:03 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at 16° of Pisces. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 16° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
New Moons always provide us with opportunities for new emotional starts and setting new intentions in the areas associated with the sign. This time, we are focused on the sign of Pisces. The higher expression of this mutable water sign includes being compassionate, emotional, intuitive, gentle, and spiritual. The lower expression can mean we are dependent, chaotic, and prone to being a victim or martyr.
But with this New Moon in Pisces, we need to put the word “very” before all of the adjectives listed in the paragraph above. Why? Because this New Moon is conjunct (0°) Neptune, which is the ruler of Pisces. It’s like Pisces energy on steroids. Overall, we may feel more emotional than usual, feel a desire to engage in selfless actions, and experience increased sensitivity. The latter can include enhanced psychic skills but also increased tendencies for empaths to pick up on the thoughts, feelings, and body sensations of others. For those who fall into this category, it will be important to protect ourselves and engage in regular cleansing/clearing actions. (For those new to these concepts, you might want to purchase the Psychic Protection 101 ebook on my website.)
As with the Full Moon two weeks ago, if I were to itemize all the aspects occurring at the time of this Pisces New Moon, it would feel like a combination of diametrically opposed energies. However, given many of the planetary aspects are supportive in nature (i.e., sextiles, trine), I believe the combination of this energy is both “doable” and exciting. I will summarize briefly below:
- The New Moon and Neptune are in sextiles (60°) to both Mars in Taurus and Saturn in Capricorn. Additionally, Mars and Saturn are in a free-flowing trine (120°). There are many positive influences from this wonderful mix of energies. The trine between Mars and Saturn supports us in working hard toward our long-term goals. And perhaps most important, the sextile between the Sun and Saturn brings confidence and a sense of composure. The most effective use of this combination of energies is to let our intuition (New Moon/Neptune) guide our actions (Mars) in responsible and constructive ways (Saturn). (NOTE: This may be particularly true when the sextiles (60°) are exact between Mars and Neptune on Sunday, March 10, and between Mars and Saturn on Thursday, March 14.)
- Saturn in Capricorn is also conjunct (0°) Pluto, which will add power and strength to all our endeavors, and it will also support us in making transformational changes to structures that could have long-term implications. These changes could be very healing. Due to the involvement of this New Moon, we are being held responsible for creating something that has both concrete in form and that serves a greater spiritual purpose. Individually, we must transform whatever is not working in our lives, and we have the same edict on a societal level. Pluto’s presence also tells us that hidden information may need to come to the surface in order for these transformations and healings to take place.
- The importance of focusing on altruistic goals is re-emphasized by a square (90°) between the New Moon/Neptune and Jupiter in its home sign of Sagittarius. Our values, ideals, and ethics (all attributes of Jupiter in Sag) must be aligned with a greater spiritual purpose or we will very likely feel that our efforts (and even our lives) are empty and void of meaning. We may not have a clear vision quite yet of what the end result will be, but it is likely that we can feel something important taking form in our minds and hearts. However, all squares demand change, so we need to use the adaptable and fluid Piscean energy that is present now to adjust our course, when needed. We also need to keep in mind that Jupiter in Sag can mean we over promise or over-extend ourselves; therefore, we would be well-advised to consciously evaluate what we are doing and saying in order to protect ourselves and not disappoint others.
The day before this New Moon (Tuesday, March 5), Mercury begins its first of three retrograde phases during 2019. Mercury will be retrograde in Pisces from March 5-28. Our thoughts will be turned inward as we review our faith and spirituality. The inward focus means that we can be distracted and, therefore, need to carefully cross-check all oral and written communication (e.g., contracts, tax returns). Our unconscious worlds become our primary focus, and dreams may carry powerful messages. Those who are interested in developing their intuitive ability will love this very spiritually-connected time period, but they may find it a bit challenging to communicate the messages that they receive to those outside their own heads. Using our imagination and tapping into our creativity (e.g., art, writing, dance), can be very helpful, as will meditation or activities that allow us to focus inward (e.g., gardening, hobbies, journaling, prayer).
Additionally, on the day of the New Moon (Wednesday, March 6), Uranus will make its final departure from Aries and enter Taurus for a 7-year stay. As mentioned in my last Moon Update, many of us will be throwing a little party to celebrate this change. It’s been a rocky ride for many of us over the last few weeks while Uranus moved through the last (critical) degree of Aries. Any changes that had not been “wrapped up” while Uranus was moving through Aries seemed to suddenly resurface in our lives demanding final resolution (or at least major progress). Given its long-term influence of 7 years, the shift of Uranus into Taurus will be felt subtly, but it is a big deal. Globally, we may see shifts in issues related to financial structures, housing, and food production. Personally, we may start to make changes in our living arrangements/homes, our values, and how we use our resources, which includes our finances. No matter what sign it’s in, Uranus can bring instability; however, the goal of Taurus is always stability. Therefore, the changes that occur while Uranus is in Taurus will likely feel much calmer than the changes that occurred while Uranus was in aggressive Aries. But if adjustments are needed, there is a tenaciousness to the Taurean, bull-like energy that will both make sure these shifts happen. It will also see us through to completion.
Overall, this Piscean New Moon is a powerful spiritual time. Given Mercury goes retrograde the day before the New Moon, this is a time of inner searching and reconnection with our spirituality and creativity. This may involve forgiving ourselves or others and letting go of any hurt, anger, or resentment. This release of negative emotions/attachments often lightens our soul so we can reconnect with our inner passions, which will help us creatively evolve on our spiritual path. Also, if we have any tendencies toward victimization or martyr behaviors, this is an excellent time to let go of those coping mechanisms and move forward with new courage, confidence, and inner peace. The strong positive influence of Saturn will help us keep our Piscean feet on the ground as we bring our dreams and visions into concrete form that will serve humanity and help us more clearly see how we are all One.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 16° of Pisces
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 8:03 a.m. PST
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 11:03 a.m. EST
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 4:03 p.m. GMT