In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 2:21 a.m. on Saturday, March 13. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun conjunct (0°) at 24° of Pisces. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 24° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
New Moons always provide us with an opportunity for a new emotional start in the areas associated with the sign. The higher expression of Pisces is associated with compassion, empathy, spirituality, and intuitive abilities. The lower expression can include being overly dependent, having a victim mentality, or wanting to escape from “reality” (e.g., addictions, denial). Pisces is a mutable water sign; as such, it is a gentle, emotional energy that encourages us to connect with each other and with the Divine.
Given the majority of my readers are interested in psychic abilities and spirituality, this Pisces New Moon will likely be a very enjoyable time. Traditionally, the time around this New Moon is believed to be one of the most spiritual and magical times of year. Adding to this energy is the fact that this year’s New Moon is conjunct (0°) both Venus and Neptune. All 4 planets (i.e., Sun, Moon, Venus, Neptune) are located in Pisces. Venus is the planet of love and desire. Our focused yearning could be directed toward a person, but it could also focus on anything that we desire in life. Neptune is the ruler of Pisces, which means it is especially powerful in its own sign. Neptune, as with Pisces, is very spiritual, compassionate, and intuitive.
All this Piscean energy makes it a time when the doors to the Divine have the potential to be magically open. All this adaptable watery energy is encouraging us to surrender, release, and let go. As Abraham-Hicks often points out, we humans often wear ourselves out by rowing furiously in the belief that what we want is upstream when, in actuality, what we are focusing on and manifesting is actually downstream. This is a wonderful time to test this theory by taking our hands off the oars and letting our boat float downstream.
How do we let go of the oars? Meditating will help us do that, or participating in anything that is relaxing. Additionally, we will benefit from being near bodies of water or even taking a shower/bath. When near water, we should focus on flowing with the water. This isn’t necessarily the best time to “think.” The more we can relax and let go, the more we will get out of this time period.
Returning to Abraham-Hicks, this is also an excellent time to use the power of the Law of Attraction (LOA). The LOA does require thinking, but it’s not the type of thinking that is filled with effort. Instead, we want to use our minds to focus on what we want and then use the heightened spiritual energy of this New Moon to ask for what we would like to have in our lives. Once we make our desires known to the Divine, then our job is to let go, release, and surrender! (Are you seeing a theme here?) Our job is to not try to “force” something to happen. With this Pisces New Moon, we are being told to trust that the “fairies of the Universe” will help manifest what we want, as long as it’s in alignment with our life script. Yes, we need to put out our requests to the Universe, and then we should simply watch for Divine Guidance to come in the form of visual impressions, spontaneous thoughts, dreams, etc.
Whatever impressions come to us should be written down so we don’t “lose” them in the swirling watery energy surrounding us right now. Writing things down is emphasized because we also have quite a bit of air energy activated at the time of this Pisces New Moon. Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn are all in Aquarius, and Mars is in Gemini. Especially with Mars being in Gemini, we could find that the “floaty” Piscean energy is filled with the energy to think, communicate, write, and learn.
However, the combination of both water and air energy could leave some of us feeling a little rattled because we aren’t sure whether to float (water signs) or fly (air signs). But the water-air combination can actually serve us well. For example, we are still under the strong influence of the ongoing square (90°) between Saturn and Uranus (see last Moon Update). The presence of Uranus means that unexpected events can occur, but the watery world of Pisces can help us flow with these changes, as long as we are willing to feel “adrift” for a little bit. If we can “go with the flow,” then this supportive combination of water-air energy could provide us with helpful insights (water) that we can then think through carefully (air). This can help us make the best possible changes (Uranus) to the structures in our lives (Saturn).
In sum, the positive expression of the water-air energy could be an influx of inspired ideas that come through intuitive insights or dreams. We may then find ourselves “thinking” about these ideas and either (a) weaning out anything that might not be realistic or (b) aligning with our heart’s desires. Once we determine which ideas are worth pursuing, then we can continue using the watery energy to come up with inspired ways to act on them.
The time around the New Moon would be a good time to meditate and breathe. However, for those who are feeling rattled by the water-air energy combination, we may benefit from doing things that will circulate the energy. Of course, exercising can be very helpful, but doing anything creative would be an excellent way to express the energy of this Pisces New Moon. When we see the word “creativity,” most of us think of activities like art, music, or writing. But keep in mind that many activities can be done in a creative way. For example, if gardening is our “thing,” then we could think about how to create something new in our garden this spring.
Without going into depth on any of these, there are several aspects influencing this Pisces New Moon. Depending on our current life circumstances, some of these may be especially important:
- As was even more prominent in the last Moon Update, Mercury is still conjunct (0°) Jupiter. We may feel more optimistic about long-term goals and plans, and/or we may be able to get a clearer idea of what is truly important to us. And although this aspect can help us see the “big picture,” we should keep in mind that we may not be as aware of important details.
- There is a supportive trine (120°) between Mars and Saturn that will help us take responsible, productive, courageous actions that lead to concrete results. This aspect could motivate us to evaluate our recent actions and decisions in order to determine if they are based on sound judgment. Also, we may suddenly feel a need to get organized in some area of our life.
- In addition to Mars and Saturn being in a trine to each other (see bullet above), both are in sweet sextiles (60°) to Chiron. This forms a minor planetary configuration called a minor triangle (AKA talent triangle). This flowing energy could support us in feeling more confident in our ability to take action regarding our own healing. We may also find that by taking responsibility for our health, we discover surprising new solutions.
- Although we may be feeling peaceful around the time of the New Moon, we also will likely have access to an ample reservoir of energy, if we need to tap into it. This comes from the strong presence of Mars and from sextiles (60°) between the Sun/Moon and powerful Pluto in grounded Capricorn. Pluto is about power, but we do need to make sure we honor the Piscean energy by allowing the power to flow rather than trying to force something to happen. Additionally, the presence of Pluto also means that we have support for digging below the surface to see what is truly important in any situation.
- Mercury is squaring (90°) Mars, which could indicate moments of impatience or disagreement, especially if there is a difference in ideological understanding between people or groups. But if we can consciously choose to access the watery energy of the Pisces New Moon, this could actually help us flow through any differences and find compassionate common ground. This aspect also tells us that we should watch what we say, because a Mercury-Mars square can sometimes lead to words being used as weapons, which would be the antithesis of the energy associated with the Pisces New Moon.
More support for communication with the Divine comes on Monday, March 15, when Mercury moves out of airy Aquarius and flows into the Piscean end of the pool. It will remain there until April 5. When Mercury is swimming in the waters of Pisces, our intuitive abilities are often very strong. During this 3-week period, our thinking often becomes more creative and imaginative. We also find that our thoughts and communication are colored by our emotions, and vice versa.
Then on Saturday, March 20, we experience the Spring or Autumnal Equinox, depending on the hemisphere in which you are located. This is when the Sun moves into the sign of Aries for its annual visit. This month-long placement encourages us to go after our goals with energy, drive, courage, and enthusiasm. This could be when many of us begin taking action on some of those intuitive insights that came to us during the Pisces New Moon.
The very next day (Sunday, March 21), Venus joins the Sun in Aries, where it will remain until April 15. We are more likely now than at any other time to express our love of or desire for someone or something in a very spontaneous, courageous way. We might even be willing to take an uncharacteristic risk to go after whatever we desire, especially in our relationships or finances. We are much more interested in looking toward the future, and we may feel impatient if we are asked to focus on the past or suppress our desires.
Several months ago, I mentioned something called the Aries point. It’s when any transiting planet is located at 0° of a cardinal sign (i.e., Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn). As explained above, on March 20 and 21, we will have both the Sun and Venus, respectively, at Aries points. Given this is occurring within about 24 hours of each other, it could amplify the impact of the Aries point. This could be a time when we have the courage for a new beginning and when we have a lot of energy (especially given this is happening at 0° of Aries which is the sign most associated with energy). Additionally, we may feel more inclined to socialize and even have a desire to experience some child-like fun! However, as is common with Aries points, the catalyst for any new beginnings could come through something being revealed or exposed that was previously hidden. Individually and collectively, this can be a time when secrets are exposed. For this reason, we are all well advised to use the days leading up to March 20 and 21 to make sure we have our proverbial house in order and are living from a place of integrity.
Overall, this Pisces New Moon is a time when the energy will feel gentler than it’s been for quite some time. We will be more sensitive than usual, and our intuitive abilities could be heightened. This can be a very creative time, and we may feel a sense of inner peace that is hard to explain. Even with the presence of several planets in air signs, our overall goal should be to flow with the energy. If we notice ourselves striving to make something happen, a good mantra around the time of this New Moon is “surrender, release, and let go.” However, whenever Pisces and Neptune are prominently involved in a lunar event, it is important for us to remember not to lose ourselves in fantasy, allow ourselves to be overly influenced by others, and/or veer into escapist behaviors. Luckily, we have the presence of several air signs and Pluto in grounded Capricorn to help counter those lower expressions of the Pisces/Neptune tendencies, which should give us the tools we need to “think” our way out of any sabotaging behaviors. In sum, we should remember to pray for what we want and then sit back and wait for Divine guidance. And above all, enjoy the heightened intuitive energy of this magical time of year.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 24° of Pisces
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 2:21 a.m. PST
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 5:21 a.m. EST
- Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:21 a.m. GMT