REMINDERS FROM LAST MOON UPDATE:
- My heart aches for everyone being impacted by what is happening in Ukraine. As is true of many of you, I am sending my prayers and healing energies to this region on a regular basis.
- Although the astrological influences described in my Moon Updates can be applied on a societal/collective level, my goal has always been to explain how they can best used for our individual evolution. You may elect to apply information from my Updates to world events, but my focus is on helping each of you on a personal level.
- Finally, I want to remind everyone that I firmly believe that all astrological influences, whether applied individually or collectively, only indicate possibilities and potentialities. It’s up to each of us to consciously choose the higher or lower expression of the energies being described.
In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 11:24 p.m. on Thursday, March 31. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun conjunct (0°) at 13° of Aries. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 13° of Aries in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
New Moons always provide us with an opportunity for a new emotional start in the areas associated with the sign. This time, we are focused on Aries. The higher expression of this sign includes being independent, initiating, enthusiastic, assertive, energetic, courageous, adventurous, and fun-loving. The lower expression can include being overly innocent, competitive, impulsive, or even aggressive. The symbol associated with Aries is a ram, which represents its forward moving fiery determination and unstoppable energy.
However, this Aries New Moon isn’t alone in the sky. The Sun and Moon are closely conjunct (0°) both Mercury and Chiron. All 4 of these are (a) located in Aries and (b) located within a span of less than 4° (i.e., VERY close together). Aries always is a powerful, fiery energy, but this grouping means that (a) there is a LOT of Aries energy involved and (b) all 4 are working as a team and cannot be separated into its individual parts.
The focus with Aries is the self, so this fiery New Moon may be a time when we will be thinking and talking about (Mercury) how we can heal our inner wounds (Chiron). This self-focus isn’t meant to sound selfish. It’s definitely not! This is a time when we may need to courageously (Aries) face our vulnerabilities in order to move forward. To do this inner work, we may need to tune out external stimuli and demands.
However, for some of us, healing our inner vulnerabilities or woundedness (Chiron) may involve courageously (Aries) expressing ourselves (Mercury) with someone in our lives. Yes, we do need to be heard and to express ourselves. In fact, we may finally be able to speak our truth about past hurts. However, Mercury in Aries has been known to speak impulsively; therefore, before speaking, we should think about the potential impact our words could have on others.
Although these 4 celestial objects in Aries are all closely conjunct (0°) each other, none of them form major aspects to other planets. This means that the needs described above may feel disconnected from other needs indicated in the Aries New Moon chart. It could feel like there are multiple storylines occurring that may indirectly impact each other. Some of the other potential storylines include:
- As was the case with the last Moon Update, Venus and Mars are conjunct (0°) in Aquarius. However, this time, Saturn is sandwiched in between them, forming a very powerful grouping. Similar to the 4 planets involved in the Aries New Moon, Venus, Mars, and Saturn are so close together in Aquarius that they are working as a unit and cannot be separated into their component parts. The Venus-Mars pairing tells us that relationships are still the primary focus, but Saturn brings a serious perspective. If things aren’t going well, we may be able to clearly see what needs to change. However, if things are going well, then this may be a time of commitment. Mars gives us extra courage to take a serious look at our responsibilities and the energy to take needed action, especially if we want to work with someone else to create a long-lasting structure of some kind. Given the involvement of Venus, we also may need to seriously consider any potential impact on our finances, either positively or negatively.
- In the last Moon Update, we discussed the fact that Saturn was squaring (90°) the North and South Nodes. This time, it’s not just Saturn; both Venus and Mars are also squaring (90°) the lunar Nodes. Additionally, just like last time, there are quite a few supportive aspects between the Nodes and other planets. It’s likely that in order to move forward into a more peaceful future (North Node in peace-loving Taurus), we need to take actions (Mars) that involve important changes (squares) to our relationships and finances (Venus), which could include letting go of past (South Node) responsibilities, structures, or commitments (Saturn). Having Venus involved asks us to question if a relationship is helping us move toward our future or whether it is miring us down in the past. But with these 3 planets in progressive Aquarius (i.e., Venus, Mars, Saturn), we shouldn’t be become too iconoclastic and seek change just for the sake of change. Luckily, all the supportive aspects to other planets should help us avoid those potential pitfalls.
- Also discussed in the last Moon Update is the ongoing square (90°) between Mars and Uranus. Although the square isn’t quite as close anymore, we may still be feeling the impact during this New Moon. New and different ways of solving problems may suddenly appear (Uranus). If needed, we will have the courage (Mars) to make important changes in our lives. However, as discussed two weeks ago, we do need to continue being vigilant to any felt need to rebel or fight. The lower expression of this aspect is more likely to be triggered if we feel that our freedom is being blocked. Also problematic is that this aspect can cause us to be impulsive or highly distractable, which isn’t good for making effective plans. Especially with Mercury now located in fiery “speak-without-necessarily-thinking” Aries, continued caution is warranted. Remember that fire can ignite and provide warmth and light, but it can also burn and even destroy.
On Tuesday, April 5, Venus moves out of Aquarius and into Pisces, where it will stay until May 3. This is always such a blessed placement for the planet of love. In Pisces, our love becomes all encompassing, and we are more easily able to express compassion, forgiveness, and understanding. With those we care about, we will feel an increased tenderness. However, we do need to be careful that we don’t lose our “self” in our relationships during this month-long visit to Pisces. Signs that this is happening can include allowing ourselves to be victimized, evading the truth, dulling our judgment through use of alcohol or other drugs, or falling into codependent behavior patterns.
Mercury ends its quick visit in Aries and moves into Taurus on Sunday, April 10. It will remain there until April 30. While in Aries, our minds (and our tongues) may have been going at warp speed. Once in peace-loving Taurus, the pace slows down enough to allow us to take all those great ideas and begin to see which ones stand on solid ground. Our thinking is more grounded, and we prefer doing things the “old way” rather than trying something new. Simplicity is preferred in all that we do, and we will likely not want to be rushed into any decisions. The downside of Mercury’s visit to Taurus is that we can become rather rigid, stubborn, or conservative in our thinking.
Immediately after this powerful Aries New Moon, we will be experiencing one of the most important astrological events of 2022. On Tuesday, April 12, Jupiter will be exactly conjunct (0°) Neptune in Pisces. However, most astrologers agree that this will be impacting us from about April 2 through April 24, and possibly longer for those who are extra sensitive to astrological energies. (NOTE: Due to retrogrades, they will again be close to each other in late October-November 2022, but they will not be in an exact conjunction again.)
Jupiter and Neptune form a conjunction every 13 years; however, it’s been 166 years since this happened in Pisces. Why is that important? Although Neptune is considered the modern ruler of Pisces, Jupiter was the ruler of this sign before Neptune was discovered. In fact, some astrologers still refer to these two planets as the co-rule Pisces, which means that the qualities of Pisces are going to be supercharged.
The potential impact of this auspicious Jupiter-Neptune conjunction is being discussed in the astrological community. As is always the case, the energy of this pairing can include higher and lower expressions. In sum:
- Possible higher expression: This could be the beginning of a new cycle in philosophical and spiritual growth for humanity. This may require analyzing and adjusting our motivations, ethics, morals, and laws. There may be breakthroughs or innovations in the field of the arts or humanitarian efforts. We could even feel ready to move out of fear and take a leap of faith. This may involve being suddenly drawn to follow a different path, seek out spiritual enlightenment, and/or feel that we are being called to make the world a better place or to fulfill our “destiny.” We could see new forms of healing or an increased interest in all-things-metaphysical, including astrology. Compassion, forgiveness, altruism, and generosity will be very important qualities right now, and they will be effectively expressed as long as it is done from an ego-less Piscean place. Ultimately, we are being given an opportunity to make any changes needed in order to have a fulfilling spiritual life.
- Possible lower expression: The downside of this pairing is the potential for “misplaced idealism” or “blind spots.” Yes, we may be able to envision a better world, but it needs to be grounded in reality and not lost in the Neptunian fog or seen through rose-colored glasses. We also need to make sure we aren’t only hearing what we want to hear or seeing what we want to see. It should be noted that another side of this Jupiter-Neptune conjunction in Pisces could be an increase in addictions, denial, or escapism. This can include being deluded by unhealthy leaders or even falling into a cult-like organization. We all should have people in our lives who can honestly give us a “reality check” regarding any major changes we want to undertake, especially those involving relationships, legal situations, or financial matters. And when these trusted others speak, we should listen, even if we may not want to hear what they have to say.
NOTE: To further clarify how this Jupiter-Neptune conjunction may impact you on a personal level, locate 23° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house may give you an idea what area of your life might benefit from the higher expression of this celestial event or be most vulnerable to the lower expression.
Overall, this Aries New Moon is providing us with support for doing some inner work and possibly doing some healing work within our relationships. When speaking with others, we do need to make sure that we consider the impact our words will have on the recipients. Then during most of April, the spiritually powerful Jupiter-Neptune conjunction (0°) in Pisces will be impacting us. Keep in mind that this aspect has the potential to lead to either amazing breakthroughs or to delusional actions, depending on how we choose to express these energies. But in a broader sense, this will be a time when the Light will become brighter than it has been in a long time. However, during these times when the Light increases, it causes us to more clearly see the darkness. This Light is meant to help us see what needs to be changed, but seeing what has been lurking in the shadows can sometimes be painful, disconcerting, or even frightening. We need to hold firm to our belief that darkness cannot exist where there is Light and serve as a beacon on a Lighthouse reminding people of what is possible! This may be a good time to read (or re-read) my blog post called “Darkness cannot exist where there is Light and advice for Lightworkers.” It provides a number of suggestions for how to maintain your Light during times like this. None of us should underestimate the amazing and powerful impact we can each make at this important time, as long as we maintain our Light, which should be our #1 goal!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable eBooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 13° of Aries
- Thursday, March 31, 2022, 11:24 p.m. PDT
- Friday, March 31, 2022, 2:34 a.m. EDT
- Friday, March 31, 2022, 6:34 a.m. GMT
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.