FULL MOON IN TAURUS – The work may be intense, but the outcome could be life changing! (November 12, 2019)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 5:34 a.m. on Tuesday, November 12. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Scorpio will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Taurus. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 20° of Scorpio and 20° of Taurus in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Scorpio is often considered to be one of the most complicated signs. I included the following description in the last Moon Update, and it’s worth repeating here because I will be using these symbols to explain issues related to the current Full Moon:
The overarching symbol for Scorpio is a phoenix, which is destined to die and be reborn. But the process of the phoenix’s transformation comes in stages that we can either work with or we can block.
- The scorpion is the first phase; this is when we are hiding underground, feeling defensive, and ready to use our stinger if we feel threatened.
- The second phase is the horse, which feel safe enough to move out of the shadows and into the light of day. Depending on what is needed, it can stand still, walk, or run. It’s a tall animal, so it has some perspective of the ground it is traversing.
- Some astrologers say the next symbol is the eagle, while others say a dove. Regardless, the next phase is a bird that is flying above the earth and has even greater perspective than the horse. The ability to fly comes from healing whatever issues kept it either underground (scorpion) or on the ground (horse).
The entire month of November is very focused on Scorpio’s energy, and this Taurus Full Moon in no exception. The Moon may be in placid Taurus, but the Sun is firmly ensconced in Scorpio. As with all signs, there is a higher and lower expression available, and it is up to us to consciously make choices regarding which qualities will be expressed. However, with Scorpio, the differences are rather extreme. The unconscious, instinctual tendency of Scorpio is the lower expression; i.e., a scorpion hiding in the shadows defending its territory and ready to lash out if it perceives it’s being attacked. But as described above, the highest expression of Scorpio’s energy can be glorious. If we can consciously choose to move in that direction, it includes great spiritual perspective that can lead to healing, transformation, and rebirth.
At the time of this Taurus Full Moon, the Sun is in a close conjunct (0°) to Mercury, which is continuing its retrograde motion through Scorpio. Yes, the lower expression of this Sun/Mercury combination in Scorpio can include words that sting or intense jealousy. But remember that we have a choice. If we can access the higher expression of this combination, we are being supported in thinking deeply about our emotional worlds and how best to heal any wounds.
The goal with Scorpio is always to release anything that has been stuck, especially emotional energy, given Scorpio is a water sign. This time, it is particularly prudent for us to dislodge old energy so we can get things moving again once Mercury goes direct the following week. It cannot be emphasized enough that this Full Moon is an opportunity for some very powerful inner healing. The deep searching of Scorpio can produce some seeds that have the potential to grow in the rich earth of the Taurus Moon. In fact, we may uncover something that ends up being an “a-ha moment.” If we manage this energy correctly, this may lead to the resolution of something that has long remained unresolved.
A week after the New Moon (Tuesday, November 19), Mars will join the Sun and Mercury in Scorpio. Mars will remain in Scorpio until January 3. Additionally, the day after Mars enters Scorpio (Wednesday, November 20), Mercury will end its final retrograde phase of 2019 and begin moving direct again. Given both Mars and Mercury will both be in Scorpio through the end of November, there will continue to be a lot of deep thinking and intense emotional energy swirling around us. In fact, whatever our deep mental exploration managed to unearth while Mercury was retrograde will be acted upon once Mars enters the picture and Mercury goes direct. Although it may take a few days for Mercury to pick up speed, the last 10 days will likely be very mentally and physically active. Don’t underestimate the power of Mars in Scorpio! It wants what it wants, and it will pursue its goals with single-minded determination. This may include passionately exploring the shadow-y areas of our life and the lives of others. Also keep in mind that secrets can be revealed during this time, with the goal of healing and transforming emotionally.
Scorpio is a fixed water sign. Water signs are very emotional, and Scorpio is no exception. As with all fixed signs, Scorpio brings with it a lot of determination. It is ruled by Pluto, which ushers in the concept of power. The question for each of us is, “How are we going to use our power?” The lower expression would be to try to force a specific outcome. The higher expression would be to wait until it is clear what action needs to be taken and then use our powerful determination to manifest what we want. However, until the best course of action is clear, the optimal use of our power may be to surrender our need for control and trust in Divine Order and Divine Timing. This can be hard, but I think everyone reading this can remember a time when we have tried to “make” something happen and things didn’t go well. We also can probably remember a time when we went with the flow and allowed the fairies of the Universe to guide our actions. The outcome often is magical when we can get out of the way and trust that the Divine “has our back.”
However, in order to surrender, we may have to use the energy of Mercury in retrograde to dig deep into our psyches and explore what we are holding onto out of fear. We humans prefer to feel in control of what is happening, and control can be a manifestation of the lower expression of Scorpio. Fear is often based on a felt need to maintain or regain control, but underlying that fear is often doubt that we can handle whatever comes our way. We don’t feel competent or capable. Or it could be that we fear being abandoned in that dark tunnel underground where the scorpion is hiding. Either way, our choices are not likely to be healthy ones when motivated by fear. The reality is that we often are trying to control what is beyond our control. This is a wonderful time to take a look at whether we can truly “Let go and let God.”
Luckily, we have some wonderful aspects occurring around the time of the Taurus Full Moon that will support us as we transverse the Scorpio energy:
- A sweet sextile (60°) between Saturn and Neptune was exact on Friday, November 8; and it will still be impacting us around the time of the Full Moon. This will be the last in a series of sextiles that have been going on much of this year. Because it is the last connection between these two outer planets, we may begin to see the results of all our hard work. Saturn provides the structure upon which to build Neptune’s dreams and ideals. The commitment that Saturn brings can make our dreams a reality.
- On the day of the Full Moon (Tuesday, November 12), Mars will be in an exact sextile (60°) to Jupiter, which has the potential to provide us with a great deal of energy. Mars is all about taking action, and Jupiter is about our beliefs. Therefore, this sextile may help us if we’ve been feeling blocked in our ability to clarify our beliefs.
Additionally, coming off the Full Moon is an interconnected series of trines (120°) and sextiles (60°). They actually all form a minor planetary configuration called a cradle. Without explaining this configuration in a lot of detail, its purpose is to support the resolution of any challenges brought on by the Full Moon opposition (180°) between the Sun/Mercury conjunction (0°) and the Moon. Here is a summary of the support that might be provided by the cradle:
- The Moon is in a trine (120°) and the Sun is in a sextile (60°) to Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn. These free-flowing aspects to earthy Cap will bolster the Taurus Moon in helping us stay grounded while we do our deep emotional exploration. This adds even more potential for profound healing and transformation. Anything we think about and any actions that we take should be practical and have the goal of increasing the stability in our lives. If we are experiencing any drama, we may find it very calming if we follow routines, rules, and old ways of doing things (Capricorn).
- Mercury is also in a sextile (60°) to Saturn in Capricorn. We will likely benefit from serious thinking and conversations. This may be a good time to think through our next moves strategically and address the true source of any challenges.
- Neptune is also involved through a supportive sextile (60°) to the Moon and trines (120°) to the Sun and Mercury. Ideas will flow freely now, as will our imagination. Neptune also brings in spirituality, intuition, and compassion (for self and others).
Overall, this Taurus Full Moon has amazing potential for healing and growth. It is asking us to use the fixed determination of Scorpio to dig deep into our emotional world to address any energy that is blocked. If we can do this, we have the potential to transcend the lower, fearful expression of Scorpio’s energy and become the eagle, dove, or even the phoenix. But we can’t force this to happen. It’s one of those paradoxical energies in which our greatest accomplishment may require us to surrender. The key is knowing when to take action and when to “back off.” With some situations, we actually can’t do anything, and we just need to let it unfold. But other times, we will need to take action. Our challenge here is to patiently wait for God/Source/Spirit to give us a very clear, undeniable green light. If we can do this, then there are great opportunities for manifestation. Until the light turns green, we can use this time to participate in activities that help us relax (e.g., meditate, journaling, massage), talk with like-minded others, work on developing an inner sense of security/competence, and address any blocks we may have to trust in the Divine. This work may be intense, but the outcome could be life changing!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable eBooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 20° of Taurus
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 5:34 a.m. PST
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 8:34 a.m. EST
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 1:34 p.m. GMT