In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 11:48 a.m. on Sunday, March 28. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Aries will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Libra. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 9° of Aries and 9° of Libra in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Let’s start with the basics: Full Moons ask us to evaluate if we need to make any adjustments to the balance between the qualities of the two signs that are involved. This Libra Full Moon involves the signs of Aries and Libra:
- The archetype for Aries is the warrior. Its focus is on being independent, energetic, confident, and brave. However, this sign, too, can go too far and become aggressive, impulsive, and/or competitive.
- The archetype for Libra is the diplomat or judge. Its focus is on being cooperative, harmonious, and gracious. However as is true with all signs, there is the potential to go too far and become indecisive and/or to become dependent on others to make decisions.
The Aries-Libra axis along which this Full Moon is occurring is often described as the difference between me versus us. Aries is very much focused on what it wants in life that is independent of the influence of others. Libra, on the other hand, is seeking to work together toward compromise. This Full Moon in Libra is providing us with a lot of support for exploring and achieving a new kind of balance between these two parts of any relationship.
At the time of the Full Moon, the Sun is in exact conjunctions (0°) to both Venus and Chiron in Aries. Venus is the ruler of Libra, which is where the Moon is located. This focus on Venus and Libra puts the spotlight on relationships, but the Aries emphasis due to the Sun, Venus, and Chiron is telling us that any relationship takes two individuals with unique goals and needs. Whenever the Sun and Venus come together in a conjunction, we may be feeling anything is possible in our relationships. Luckily, having Chiron involved means that those possibilities include healing. However, we may be feeling a level of vulnerability (Chiron) around issues of identity (Sun) within our relationships (Venus).
Given the Moon represents our basic needs and it is opposing this trio in warrior Aries, this could manifest as feeling motivated to fight for our needs. However, fighting is not the approach recommended at the time of the Libra Full Moon. The Moon in conciliatory Libra is encouraging us to look for ways to compromise rather than fight.
There is support for doing this. The Moon is in trines (120°) to both Mars and Saturn, both of which are in a trine (120°) to each other. This forms a grand trine planetary pattern. Additionally, the Sun, Venus, and Chiron, which are in opposition to the Moon are also forming sextiles (60°) to both Mars and Saturn. This opposition and these sextiles alter the grand trine in a positive way by creating a planetary configuration referred to as a grand trine in kite formation. Although grand trines are always positive, they can sometimes just spin their wheels and enjoy the happy ride they are on. However, when there is a kite formation, it’s like there is a string grounding that high flying kite. It helps the grand trine actually become more productive.
The bottom of line of this grand trine in kite formation: We are being given a lot of support right now for navigating this Libra Full Moon in a way that could lead to healing. For example:
- Having the Moon trine (120°) Saturn helps steady our emotions and provides both patience and maturity.
- The trine (120°) between the Moon and Mars provides us with energy and courage to make any needed changes.
- Whenever the Sun is sextile (60°) Mars, we often are able to creatively solve problems and feel confident in our abilities.
- The sextile (60°) between the Sun and Saturn will help us feel grounded and stable. We may also be very productive.
All of this sounds great! However, if we want to tap into this supportive energy and move toward healing, we must be willing to do things differently and face our personal “issues.” Why?
- Mars is in Gemini, which means we will want to act (Mars) in ways that are new, diverse, and interesting (Gemini). This placement for Mars means we can become easily bored if we engage in what is expected or routine.
- But more importantly, Mars is in a very tight conjunction (0°) to the North Node. The North Node in Gemini is encouraging us to step outside our comfort zone, learn something new, go on an adventure, and/or courageously choose to take a different approach or go down a different path toward our goals.
- It’s almost important to remember that Saturn is currently in progressive Aquarius. This puts the focus on the future, but it also means we need to take responsibility for our choices. We could also be pressed into service, but we do need to find a healthy balance between giving to others and taking care of ourselves.
Therefore, we are advised to look at things from a different perspective. There is a great deal of air energy available to us right now (i.e., Moon in Libra, Mars & North Node in Gemini, Jupiter & Saturn in Aquarius). This can support us in taking a step back and thinking through any situation logically. Additionally, with both Aries and Libra, there can be a light-hearted, fun energy, which could help move us forward. We might be able to come up with some very interesting and novel win-win solutions that meet everyone’s needs. But we do need to be strong enough to rise above any felt need to fight for our rights or to “win at all costs,” which can be the lower expression of Aries energy.
We do have a bit of a challenge with Mars squaring (90°) both Mercury and Neptune in Pisces, which are conjunct (0°) each other. These aspects can cause some impatience, irritability, and/or distractibility. We may also feel like we can’t say the right thing, and we should be careful not to use words as weapons. Luckily, the Libra energy can help us be gracious, if we consciously choose to tap into that energy. A final note: Although we may feel our intuition is very strong, our psychic radar may be a bit off. It’s more advisable to use logic around the time of this Full Moon than our intuitive abilities.
Just a reminder that at the time of the Libra Full Moon, all 10 planets are moving direct. As we discussed in the last Moon Update, this provides a “green light” for moving forward. The only potential downside of all this direct energy is that everyone may not be very interested in taking a step back, slowing things down, and/or doing any internal exploration or reflection. But until April 27 when Pluto beings its retrograde phase, it’s very likely that what we see in others is going to be what we are going to get.
Adding to the overall positivity of this 2-week period, there is only one planet changing signs. On Saturday, April 3, Mercury leaves watery Pisces and enters the fiery world of Aries. It will remain in Aries through April 20. During this time, the speed of our thinking and even the speed of our words will increase. We will be interested in making decisions and making them quickly. The ideas that we come up with will be bold, and we won’t be very concerned about thinking things through objectively. However, when dealing with sensitive situations, we do need to remember to think before we speak, because Mercury in Aries has been known to say things and regret them later. But otherwise, those who enjoy having their minds active will have a good time between April 3-20.
Overall, this Libra Full Moon is a great time to explore and heal any imbalances in our relationships. If you aren’t sure if any inequities exist, it is often helpful to look for those relationships in which you are feeling frustrated or irritated. Once identified, then we can access the supportive astrological energy present at the time of this Full Moon. If one party needs to stand up for its needs, the Libra Moon will support us in doing so graciously. Unlike other times, the most effective solutions may actually be quite simple. In fact, we should seek out the easiest path first to see if that will instill a better balance between the needs of the parties involved. However, we may need to use the abundance of Aries energy present at this time to be courageous and try something new or different. If we can do this, we may be able to easily let go of what is no longer serving us and allow something new and exciting to unfold.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable eBooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 9° of Libra
- Sunday, March 28, 2021, 11:48 a.m. PDT
- Sunday, March 28, 2021, 2:48 p.m. EDT
- Sunday, March 28, 2021, 6:48 p.m. GMT