Understanding Grief Workshop: How to Assist Those Who Are Grieving!
Anne always says, “The class should be mandatory for every high school student.”
We are all living in human bodies that have an expiration date. This means that we will all eventually lose someone who is important to us.
- Sometimes the death of this person is expected due to advanced age or prolonged illness.
- Other times, death occurs unexpectedly (e.g., sudden heart attack, murder) or when the person is much younger.
Each type of death brings different challenges to those who are grieving and to those wishing to support the person who is grieving.
But there are also many other types of loss in our lives that doesn’t involve death. Just to name a few, most of will experience moving to a new home, the loss of a job, the ending of a significant relationship, changes in finances, retirement, and/or the loss of bodily functions due to injury or as we age. All of these, and many other situations, involve the grieving process.
Although grief is a universal human experience, most of us are not taught how to grieve or how to support those who are grieving. In fact, many of us do our best to cover up or deny the feelings associated with losses in our lives.
Dr. Anne created this Understanding Grief workshop for two reasons:
- As a Psychologist, she is dedicated to providing as many people as possible with concrete, easy-to-understand information about grief and grieving.
- Within the metaphysical field, she is especially interested in helping all mediums understand that by definition the person they are doing a reading with is in the grieving process.
It is Anne’s hope that the information and training provided in this Understanding Grief workshop will help anyone who is grieving and those who are helping others through this important and inevitable life experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although this class is appropriate for EVERYONE, it is strongly recommended for ALL students of psychic development, mediumship, and the healing arts.
Here’s a sample of Anne teaching the Understanding Grief class
Understanding Grief workshop objectives
Based on (a) her training as a Psychologist who specialized in grief and loss and (b) her experience as a medium, Anne covers a great deal of information in this 6-hour workshop, including the following:
- General information:
- The typical stages of grief
- Different types of grief and different ways of grieving
- Differences due to type of loss (e.g., loss of a spouse, parent, child, accidental death, prolonged illness, suicide, homicide, pet)
- Factors that can alter the process of “healthy grieving” and lead to “complicated grief” (e.g., what is or isn’t “normal,” how to support someone experiencing “complicated grief”)
- Effective communication skills with those who are going through a loss of any kind (e.g., how to say things, what to say or what not to say)
- Learn how to support yourself and others through the grieving process
- Various special topics:
- “Anticipatory grief”
- Characteristics of visitation dreams
- Children who have lost a parent
- Dealing with “special days”
- “Delayed grief”
- Differences due to age, gender, culture, and religious beliefs
- Helping those who are dying
- Supporting the elderly and those in “hospice”
What is included in the Understanding Grief workshop?
- An extensive 59-page manual
- Numerous appendices, some of which are informational handouts that can be given to clients, family members, friends, etc.
- 6 hours of instruction
- When this workshop is taught in-person or online, it includes live instruction with time for questions
Here’s what students are saying about Dr. Anne’s Understanding Grief workshop
“Anne is an excellent teacher and has a knack for broaching a tough subject with grace and practical examples. I feel more equipped to assist those who are grieving now that I have taken this class.” (L.M., Orange, California) 5 stars
“I always appreciate Anne’s professionalism and experience; especially with such a taboo topic as death. I feel better equipped now to heal mankind.” (K.R., Carson, California) 5 stars
“I really learned a lot about grieving, especially complicated grief. I liked the way that Anne took the time to explain each step in the grieving process, bringing in practical examples on each topic she was discussing. An excellent workshop, very informative. I’d recommend it for everybody-lots of material to reflect and digest. Great job!” (K.V., Pasadena, CA) 5 stars
“I liked the explicit teaching with examples. I also appreciate the opportunities for students to comment because those personal experiences help me to make connections to the new material.” (L.H., Irvine, California) 5 stars
Registration information for the Understanding Grief workshop
Although certain IMPART classes are currently “on hold,” Dr. Anne does plan to resume teaching some classes in the near future.
If you are interested in this Understanding Grief class, please be sure to fill out the “Interested Form” below.
You may also want to set up a training or mentoring session with Anne to discuss how to to best support yourself or someone else through the grieving process.
NOTE: This Understanding Grief workshop has been recorded, and Dr. Anne plans to offer it as an online product in the near future.
“Interested Form” for Understanding Grief workshop
Please fill out the following form if you would like to be notified:
- If this Understanding Grief workshop gets scheduled.
- If this Understanding Grief workshop becomes available as an online product.
- Training and mentoring sessions with Anne
- Anne’s Psychic Development classes
- Anne’s Mediumship classes
- IMPART’s Reiki classes
- Complete list of classes and workshops that are offered through IMPART
- Frequently asked questions about IMPART’s classes
- Frequently asked questions about how to develop your abilities
- Anne’s Blog – Posts in relevant categories
- Testimonials and reviews
- IMPART’s online Store
- Be sure to Join Anne’s Online Community to receive:
- Announcements about class offerings, new Blog posts, and new online products when they become available.
- New & Full Moon Reports.
- If you have additional questions, feel free to email us at Anne@AnneReith.com or call (714) 599-0017.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.