Meditation 101: An Evening of Guided Meditations
Instructor: Anne Reith, Ph.D.
Do you struggle with meditating? Or would you like to improve your meditative practice?
Anne’s first attempt at meditation was when she was in her teens. Even back then, she intuitively knew that meditating was important.
She took classes in Transcendental Meditation, and she tried so hard to make it work for her. Unfortunately, she ended up being a “meditation drop-out.”
Over the years, Dr. Anne tried numerous times to learn how to meditate. She just could not figure out how to make it work for her.
When Anne entered the metaphysical field in 2002, she began to learn even more about meditation, which is when things “clicked.” She learned that even the “best” meditators will admit that their their minds wander. She also found a teacher who explained that “the healing is in the return” to your focus. Exploring all the different forms of meditation, including silent sitting, walking meditations, and guided meditations, was also helpful.
Dr. Anne now firmly believes that there are “tricks” to becoming an effective meditator, such as having realistic expectations and finding a meditation practice that matches who you are. But that’s not all. You then have to allow your meditation practice to evolve as you evolve.
Meditation 101 Course Content
Come learn important information about meditation, including what is realistic to expect when meditation and the many options available to you. During the class, Anne will have you practice several different meditative approaches (e.g., mindfulness, silent sitting). She will also take you on a series of guided meditations that will have several different goals (e.g., enhancing spiritual connection, healing of the body/mind/spirit). Time will be available for questions.
- What is meditation?
- If meditation the same the current trend of mindfulness?
- Different forms of meditation
- Goals with meditation
- Tips for effective meditation
- Tricks when mediation isn’t working
Registration Information for Meditation 101 Class
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendation for continued social distancing, this class will temporarily be converted to an ONLINE class.
- ONLINE CLASS
- DATE: The next date is currently being selected. Please be sure to join Anne’s Online Community so you will receive announcements regarding scheduled dates. In the meantime, please check Anne’s Calendar regularly.
- TIME: 7:00-9:30 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- PREREQUISITE: NONE! (Beginning, intermediate, and advanced students are always welcome!)
- REGISTRATION: Preregistration is required. Contact us at Anne@AnneReith.com or (714) 599-0017.
- TUITION: $30 (NOTE: Only PayPal or credit card payments are accepted for this classes. IMPART Vouchers cannot be used. We apologize for this inconvenience!)
- LOCATION: Online class using Zoom. Login information and password will be provided the morning of the class.
DATE: The next date is currently being selected. Please be sure to join Anne’s Online Community so you will receive announcements regarding scheduled dates. In the meantime, please check Anne’s Calendar regularly.
TIME: 7:00-9:30 p.m. (Pacific Time)
PREREQUISITE: None! (Beginning, intermediate, & advanced students are welcome!)
REGISTRATION: Preregistration is required. Contact us at Anne@AnneReith.com or (714) 599-0017.
LOCATION: Impart Wisdom and Wellness Center, 540 N. Golden Circle Drive, Suite 108, Santa Ana, CA
- Anne has several guided meditations for sale in her online online store, including her very popular Guided Meditation for Psychic Development that she has used since 2002 to help her psychic and mediumship students connect with Spirit.
- For more information about Anne’s classes, see FAQ’s About Classes & Workshops and Anne’s Calendar.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.