Karuna Reiki Classes for Orange County, Long Beach, and Los Angeles, California
Karuna Reiki® Master/Teachers must be registered through the International Center of Reiki Training
Anne Reith, Ph.D. (Registration #KM044792)
As of July 2020, Karuna Reiki classes are no longer being offered through IMPART.
Click below for learn more about Karuna Reiki:
- What is Karuna Reiki®?
- What is Karuna Reiki energy?
- Benefits of taking Karuna Reiki
- Levels of Karuna Reiki
- Karuna Reiki symbols
- Additional Karuna Reiki course content
- Who is eligible to take Karuna Reiki classes?
- Who is eligible to teach Karuna Reiki?
- Karuna Reiki attunements
- Karuna Reiki cleanses
- Karuna Reiki guides
- Are you ready to take Karuna Reiki?
- For more information about Karuna Reiki
- Reviews/what students have to say about IMPART’s Karuna Reiki classes
Click below for information about specific Karuna Reiki® courses:
Karuna is a Sanskrit word that means “compassion,” “compassionate action,” or “compassionate action accompanied by wisdom.” William Rand at the International Center of Reiki Training (ICRT) is credited with the development of Karuna Reiki in 1995.
It is believed that in the mid-1990’s several new healing techniques, including Karuna Reiki, came into existence in order to meet the changing needs of humanity and Mother Earth. As a species, we are currently in the process of raising our vibrational rate (i.e., the ascension process), and new healing techniques that access higher vibrational frequencies are needed to facilitate healing and transformation.
Karuna Reiki utilizes the same “life force energy” that is used in Reiki healings. It is considered a natural progression of Usui and Tibetan Reiki and is often described as a “higher vibrational form of Reiki” that possesses “multidimensional properties.”
Karuna Reiki practitioners often report that it is difficult to describe the energy that is being channeled. They will use words such as “stronger,” “more intense,” “more serious,” and “more powerful.” But they also report that it feels gentler in many ways . . . more compassionate!
Once someone is attuned to the Karuna Reiki energy, they often report that the energy doesn’t just flow out of their hands (as is often the case with Reiki) but, instead, the energy flows through and around their hands, arms, heart, and, for some, the entire body.
Reiki is believed to meet you in the present time here on Earth. Karuna, on the other hand, is believed to work in dimensions that go beyond the dimensions with which we are familiar with on the Earth plane. It is considered to have “multi-dimensional” or “inter-dimensional” properties. These additional dimensions are difficult for most of us to comprehend because they are beyond our current time and space. However, once you are attuned to the Karuna Reiki frequency, you have an opportunity to expand your concept of reality!
For this reason, becoming a Karuna Reiki practitioner is a transformational experience! In addition to your healing abilities expanding, many students discover or clarify their “soul mission” during this lifetime. They begin to make new decisions that are congruent with their life mission. New and amazing pathways open up for them.
On a personal level, those who take Karuna Reiki agree that they will never be the same. Besides becoming a more powerful healer, almost all students report that they heal personal issues as well. For example, some students report feeling more grounded, and this is particularly true for those who have struggled to be grounded in the past. And because the Karuna Reiki energy is filled with compassion, practitioners find that this compassionate energy is flowing through them in new and amazing ways . . . including toward themselves! For this reason, many students who struggle with co-dependency issues (e.g., putting the needs of others before their own needs) are able to heal these issues. And still other students find that old emotional wounds, negative belief systems, or physical problems are healed after taking Karuna Reiki.
Karuna Reiki is divided into three levels. As with Reiki training, the students at each level (a) learn specific Karuna Reiki symbols (see later discussion) and (b) receive an attunement (see later discussion). At IMPART, each level is typically taught on a single day for several hours each day (6-7 hours); however, some Karuna Reiki Masters will teach one level over several days.
Click on the link below to learn more about each level of Karuna Reiki:
At the completion of each course, the student receives an official “Certificate of Completion” issued by the ICRT.
The International Center for Reiki Training regulates what is covered during all Karuna Reiki classes, including the symbols that are taught. Some of the symbols taught during Karuna Reiki are similar to symbols taught in other healing systems, but the energy is different due to the quality of the Karuna Reiki energy being channeled during their use.
The symbols taught at each level include:
- Karuna Reiki I Practitioner – 4 symbols designed to prepare the body for deep healing
- Karuna Reiki II Practitioner – 4 symbols designed to connect the healer with different aspects of the Divine
- Karuna Reiki Master – 4 symbols that are used during healings and the attunement process
In addition to learning the symbols, students are also taught:
- The origins of Karuna Reiki® and how it came into existence
- How Karuna Reiki is similar to and yet different from Usui and Tibetan Reiki
- How to integrate Karuna Reiki into healing sessions
- How to use toning, intoning, and chanting of Karuna Reiki symbols to deepen the healing process
- How to use a “shadow self meditation” to help clients heal unresolved issues
During the Karuna Reiki Master course, students will practice passing attunements to each other.
The International Center of Reiki Training (ICRT) regulates who can and cannot take Karuna Reiki. They consider Karuna Reiki “the next step after Reiki Training” It is not meant to be a substitute for taking Reiki; it is considered an additional technique that can be used to promote healing.
Therefore, you DO NOT have to be a Reiki Master before enrolling in the Karuna Reiki I Practitioner course, but you do have to complete a Reiki III/ART course. The reason Reiki Master is not required for enrollment in the Karuna Reiki I Practitioner and Karuna Reiki II Practitioner courses is that the two Practitioner levels are designed for those who want to be able to access the higher vibrational energy of Karuna Reiki during healings but are not sure they will ever want to teach Reiki or Karuna Reiki to others.
However, you must complete the Reiki III/ART course before enrolling in the Karuna Reiki I Practitioner course because the ICRT believes the symbols you are attuned to at the Reiki III/ART level will make it possible for you to use the higher vibraitonal energies that are accessed during Karuna Reiki healing sessions.
Furthermore, in order to enroll in the Karuna Reiki Master course, you must have completed BOTH (a) Reiki Master AND (b) Karuna Reiki II Practitioner.
In order to gain the full benefit of Karuna Reiki, it is important for a person’s energy system to be ready to adjust to the higher vibrational energy that is used during Karuna Reiki. Preparation typically involves the regular use of Reiki energy. If someone is a Reiki Master, then passing Reiki attunements is also recommended. However, even if the Reiki energy has not been used regularly, it is the student who will often have an inner knowingness about his or her readiness to pursue Karuna Reiki training.
- The philosophy of the ICRT is to honor and respect all Reiki students and teachers regardless of lineage, organizational affiliation, or the kind of Reiki they practice. It is believed that differences in approaches only enrich the learning experience for all involved. As we learn from each other, we also grow in our trust that God works through each of us in unique ways.
- However, the ICRT requires that all Reiki attunements be received in person. Attunements conducted through other methods are not accepted (e.g., online, video, distance, Skype).
Karuna Reiki® can only be taught by those who are officially registered as Karuna Reiki Masters through the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT). To become registered, these teachers must agree to abide by a code of ethics, minimum teaching standards, and a standard curriculum. They must agree to conduct attunements as they are done at the ICRT and to conduct all attunements in person rather than from a distance.
Similar to Reiki, Karuna Reiki attunements are comprised of a series of physical movements that are performed by a Karuna Reiki Master with the intention of attuning the student. If the student has the willingness and intention to be attuned, then the attunement will be successfully passed to the student.
As with most Reiki attunements, Karuna Reiki attunements are comprised of both hands-on and hands-off techniques. They are designed to raise the vibrational rate of the individual. This is particularly important with Karuna Reiki; the healer’s energy system needs to be strengthened so they are capable of “holding” or channeling the higher frequencies of Karuna Reiki energy for longer periods of time.
As with Reiki attunements, Karuna Reiki attunements can be a catalyst for clearing away any obstructions that hinder the flow of “life force energy” that travels through the chakras and meridians. This cleansing process can be similar to a Reiki cleanse, including any of the typical physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual cleansing symptoms.
However, Karuna Reiki attunements also seem to be different from Reiki attunements in that students often report experiencing “distortions” to their current time-space reality. This is hard to explain, but in essence, students can report any of the following experiences (just to name a few):
- Not feeling “in the world” or “not in this reality”
- Difficulty with time (e.g., not being aware of what day or time it is)
- Visual disturbances (e.g., objects looking prismatic, being able to see the space between molecules)
- Auditory disturbances (e.g., hearing sounds that are not within the normal range of human hearing)
- Space distortions (e.g., misjudging distances, feeling movement when no physical movement is occurring)
- Memory problems (e.g., misplacing objects, forgetting appointments)
Admittedly, these types of cleansing symptoms can be disruptive because we are not accustomed to them while here on the Earth plane. Life can feel chaotic because the Karuna Reiki energy will definitely stir things up! Karuna practitioners can often be heard saying things like, “It was definitely a Karuna Day.”
Even though these experiences can be unsettling, they are actually a wonderful thing! They provide “proof” that your energy system is being adjusted to accommodate the much higher, multi-dimensional frequencies associated with Karuna Reiki. You are, indeed, healing at a deep level! With time, you do adjust. However, almost everyone who is attuned to the Karuna Reiki energy reports that they continue to feel “different” for the remainder of their lives.
As with Reiki, you will be assigned a guide or spiritual helper from the other side who will assist you with your Karuna Reiki healings. Your guide can be considered the source of the Karuna Reiki energy that you will be using.
However, there are a number of differences between the guides assigned for Reiki and Karuna Reiki:
- With Reiki guide(s), it is common to not know their actual identity (e.g., name, age, physical features). Most Reiki practitioners come to trust that he, she, or it is there, but most report that they don’t feel a personal connection with their Reiki guide(s) or know their actual identity. With Karuna Reiki, the opposite is true. Karuna Reiki practitioners often know exactly who their guide is, and they usually develop a close, personal relationship with their guide.
- Reiki guides can sometimes be very highly evolved entities, but they tend not to be. Karuna Reiki guides, on the other hand, tend to be ascended masters (e.g., Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Mohammed, Kwan Yin), archangels (e.g., Michael, Raphael, Gabriel), angels, saints (e.g., St. Paul, St. Germaine), bodhisattvas (e.g., Avalokiteshvara), and other enlightened souls (e.g., Mother Mary, Mother Teresa).
As mentioned previously, Karuna Reiki classes are no longer being offered through IMPART as of July 2020.
If you are in the Southern California area and would like to learn more about the Karuna Reiki classes that are offered through IMPART, then you are invited to click on the link below for more information about the level of Karuna Reiki that is of interest to you at this time:
- Although everyone is required to complete the prerequisites for each level of Karuna Reiki, you do not have to complete the lower-level course(s) at IMPART in order to take upper-level Karuna Reiki classes here.
- Click here to view our online Calendar or to read reviews of what students have to say about IMPART’s Karuna Reiki classes
Are you located outside the Southern California Area?
If you are located outside the Southern California area, start by identifying Karuna Reiki teachers in your area. They often will advertise online, in new age magazines, and through notices posted at businesses such as health food stores, new age bookstores, or locations that offer classes in psychic development, spirituality, or new age thought. You can also locate any Karuna Reiki Practitioner, and they will often know of a Karuna Reiki Master/Teacher in your area.
Once you find several teachers, we recommend that you go to their website to explore the information they provide about their Karuna Reiki classes. If you cannot locate them online, then you can call and ask questions about their Karuna Reiki training programs. Possible questions include:
- Are you a Registered Karuna Reiki® teacher through the International Center of Reiki Training?
- Can you tell me about your background with Reiki and Karuna Reiki (e.g., how long have you been conducting healings, how long have you been teaching Reiki and Karuna Reiki)?
- How do you structure your Karuna Reiki training program (e.g., number of classes per level, frequency of course offerings)?
- How much do you charge per class?
Throughout this conversation, be aware of how you are feeling. Does the teacher respond in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering? Does the instructor appear to be knowledgeable about Reiki and Karuna Reiki and have adequate experience to be a competent teacher? Above all, listen to your heart, and you will be guided to the right teacher.
For more information about Karuna Reiki®, you are invited to explore the website for the International Center of Reiki Training at www.Reiki.org.
Visit our Facebook page to receive Anne Reith’s daily inspirational quotes and announcements.
By Anne Reith, Ph.D.