NEW MOON IN VIRGO – Forewarned is forearmed (August 25, 2014)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 7:12 a.m. on Monday, August 25. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at 3° of Virgo. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 3° of Virgo in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
Before we focus on the New Moon, it’s worth noting that on Friday, August 22, the Sun moved into the efficient and practical sign of Virgo. This means that the next month will become less focused on self-expression and drama (Leo), and, instead, will turn our focus toward editing, refining, and possibly downsizing (Virgo) those ideas that we recently came up with so they can become a useful reality and not just a pipe dream. This often means being very aware of details, establishing systems, and acquiring new skills.
All New Moons are times when we can experience new emotional starts and have an opportunity to set new intentions in the sign in which the New Moon occurs. With this New Moon in Virgo on Monday, August 25, our awareness will shift to service, physical health, and attention to detail. With Virgo, the focus is on integration and wholeness. For example, Virgo is the sign often associated with physical health, which is often achieved when there is a healthy interplay between the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects of our being-ness. In many areas of our life, we will likely be asked to focus on holistic approaches to solving problems. This is a great time for getting things organized, analyzing whatever needs to be analyzed, and engaging in any activities where precision is the key to success.
But the expression of this Virgo New Moon’s energy is going to be heavily influenced by aspects from other planets during the days before, during, and after the New Moon:
- Neptune in Pisces opposes (180°) this New Moon in Virgo. Although most New Moons in Virgo are a time of realism, the influence of Neptune could temporarily mislead us with illusions. However, forewarned is forearmed, so we all should keep our proverbial antennas up and watch for possible deception by others or possibly delusions on our part. The higher expression of this aspect, though, is that we can be encouraged to put our efforts into inspiring activities and/or move into forgiveness and faith. We can more easily tap into this energy if we take a break (especially on Friday, August 29 when this aspect is exact) and drink in the beauty of nature or enjoy some quiet time alone.
- At the time of the New Moon, Mercury is closely opposing (180°) Chiron in Pisces. Chiron symbolizes our deepest wounds and our areas of greatest growth in this lifetime. As with Virgo, Chiron emphasizes a holistic view of life, so we need to use the Virgo focus to analyze what changes might be needed in order for us to heal. Finding our unique pathway to wholeness is our goal, which may involve re-connecting with parts of ourselves that we have disowned or ignored for a long time. Unconditional love is one of the “curative factors” in all healing modalities, and it’s important now to give this to ourselves! Additionally, given the opposition to the planet Mercury, our communication may be filled with misunderstandings, but only if we take things too personally. Remember that everyone has an opinion, and the opinions of others don’t negate what is “true” for you. On the plus side, this aspect indicates that this is a good time to journal or engage in an inner dialogue with our “shadow self” or the forgotten “inner child” that needs our love.
- Saturn is closely conjunct (0°) Mars in Scorpio. When Saturn and Mars meet up, a sense of seriousness, duty, and purpose permeates our activities. We are being urged to move forward in responsible ways by this dynamic, assertive energy. Although it is an excellent time for committed action, skill-building, and concentrated effort, we may feel like we have one foot on the accelerator (Mars) and one foot on the break (Saturn). So we do need to find a balance between these two energies.
- However, both Saturn and Mars (see above) are squaring (90°) Venus in Leo. When Venus is added to the mix, we may find that we suddenly have the strength (Mars) and discipline (Saturn) to avoid distractions and concentrate on what we love (Venus). Clarity may come to us regarding financial and relationship matters, but this may involve facing some difficult issues, such as feeling underappreciated. Any time Venus and Mars square each other, partnership issues will demand attention. So for the few days before and after this New Moon, watch carefully to make sure we are taking healthy action and avoid reacting in unhealthy ways based on past conditioning. On a positive note, this aspect between Mars and Venus can bring forth a playful, creative energy that can lead to some fun times, particularly in romantic relationships.
- Luckily, Venus is forming a free-flowing trine (120°) to Uranus, which will help us break free from any limiting perceptions of ourselves and others. Creativity and innovation are possible now, and we may feel less afraid of taking risks. We are ready to experiment, but we may not be ready to commit to a relationship or financial plan quite yet.
- Finally, Mercury is also sextile (60°) Saturn during the time of the New Moon. This supportive aspect will help us solidify our thinking with reason, restraint, and responsibility. It’s a great time to get organized, do any work that involves details, and prepare for the future. Decisions made now tend to be practical and well thought out, and work can lead to tangible results.
On Tuesday, September 2, Mercury moves out of Virgo and into the sign of Libra, where it will remain for almost the entire month. Yes, Mercury in Libra is known for being indecisive at times, and we can also choose to suppress our own feelings and say whatever will “keep the peace.” However, this can also be a time of increased objectivity, and we may discover a fresh new perspective that opens our minds to alternatives. Our thoughts become less subjective, and we also become better listeners. We feel friendly and outgoing, and we will all enjoy the company of others more than usual. This is a good time to develop our negotiating skills because we will want to arrive at fair conclusions.
We all receive a gift from the astrology gods and goddesses on Wednesday, September 3, when the Sun trines (120°) Pluto. This will bring several days of revitalizing energy that may even feel like a resurrection for some. We may find that we are able to tap into unexplored gifts, uncover information, and/or transform recent losses into gains. We are able to get to the bottom of things and be more decisive than usual. Our abilities to focus and concentrate are enhanced, and this might be a good time to start a new project or money-making endeavor.
Then on Friday, September 5, Venus enters Virgo for a 3-week stay. After the drama of being in Leo, Venus now settles down for a dose of earthy pragmatism. The lower expression of this transit is the possibility of being critical of our partners (e.g., romantic, business). But remember that we all have free will to choose the higher expression of Venus in Virgo. Practical gestures of love (e.g., running errands) will feel rewarding for both parties, and service to others will feel like an expression of love. Our relationships, what we buy, and even our forms of entertainment must make sense now, and it would be even better if they have a utilitarian aspect to them.
Overall, this New Moon in Virgo is asking us to explore the interplay between matter and spirit, between our head and our heart. Our focus should be on a holistic approach to healing. This New Moon is also asking us to explore how we can best use our time, energy, and talent to heal our bodies and serve humanity. But as they tell us when we fly, we need to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first and then help those around us. We all should use this time to find new ways to fill our own inner “well.” Only when we do this will we be in a position to give to others from a place of wholeness, health, and clarity of purpose. So you may want to ask yourself, “Ready to feel good? Fuel your life with movement, healthy people, healthy food, healthy choices, and a whole lot of love.” (Cheryl Richardson)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (www.AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 3° of Virgo
- Monday, August 25, 2014, 7:12 a.m. PDT
- Monday, August 25, 2014, 10:12 a.m. EDT
- Monday, August 25, 2014, 2:12 p.m. GMT