NEW MOON IN GEMINI – Time to let go of whatever is hurting your heart (June 4, 2016)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the New Moon will occur at 7:59 p.m. on Saturday, June 4. This New Moon finds the Moon and Sun in conjunction (0°) at 15° of Gemini. To further clarify how this New Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 15° of Gemini in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with that house are going to be most influenced by this New Moon’s presence.
Whenever we have a New Moon, we are being given an opportunity for a new emotional start and a chance to create new goals in the areas associated with the sign. This new Moon is in Gemini, which is the astrological sign associated with communication, flexibility, curiosity, and learning. One way in which we can effectively use the energy of a Gemini New Moon is to focus on improving our communication skills (both listening and expressing). Another way is to learn something new. However, with the New Moon in Gemini, it’s important to approach any learning opportunities with what Zen Buddhism refers to as “the beginner’s mind.” According to Wikipedia, this means “having an attitude of openness, eagerness, and lack of preconceptions when studying a subject.”
This may be easier said than done! Why? Because this New Moon is part of a powerful “mutable grand cross” in the sky above us. A grand cross involves at least 4 planets (this time there are 6) that are in a formation in which there are 4 squares (90°) and 2 oppositions (180°). Squares represent turning points, and oppositions require finding a balance between the two ends of a continuum. The planets at the 4 corners of this mutable grand cross are (1) the Sun, the Moon, and Venus, (2) Jupiter, (3) Saturn, and (4) Neptune.
In a nutshell, there is a LOT going on at the time of the New Moon due to this grand cross, and there are simply too many aspects to analyze everything in detail. Instead, I will provide everyone with some recommendations about how to manage the very fluid energy that will be swirling around us.
NOTE: This is a good time to remind everyone that a New Moon impacts us for the three days before and the three days after the actual event. The effect increases as the day of the New Moon approaches (i.e., June 4) and then tapers off. So it would be best to apply the following recommendations to the time period between Wednesday, June 1, and Tuesday, June 7.
- Venus is closely conjunct (less than 1°) the Sun and Moon in Gemini. Having the Moon and Venus involved will likely soften the often intellectual nature of so much Gemini energy. This tells us that emotions will be involved and approaching issues from a place of love will be helpful. At this time, we will be better able to clearly see what we desire (Venus) by opening our mind (Sun) and heart (Moon) to see what “the truth” is for each of us. There will be a lot of information swirling around us, but if we stay aligned with our inner-most values, then we will be able to easily determine what is relevant (or irrelevant). It will also be helpful to remember to use the energy of Gemini to listen, communicate clearly, remain flexible, and focus on trying to understand or learn something. This could lead to very productive meetings and honest conversations, especially on Monday, June 6, when the Sun exactly conjuncts (0°) Venus.
- Jupiter is in Virgo, and its influence is to encourage us to not get bogged down in negativity. Our discerning mind (Virgo) will likely be analyzing problems, and this is an important part of any effective strategy. However, it will likely be equally important to use the Law of Attraction. We need to have a laser-like focus on what we want, but Jupiter encourages us to approach any endeavor with a joyful, optimistic attitude. Keep in mind, though, that the earthiness of the Virgo also requires that we be “practical realists” when setting our goals.
- This realistic approach is reinforced by the involvement of responsible Saturn in Sagittarius. We each need to become our own inner authority and to trust what is “true” within our hearts. We need to take responsibility for our decisions and our lives, which will very likely include not giving away our power to others. The presence of Saturn will help us to set healthier and firmer boundaries. Sagittarius tells us that our lives need to have purpose. But we need to realize that what is meaningful to us may not match up with what others (e.g., parents, family, friends, coworkers, church, society) think is “right” for us . . . or what is “right” for them. Regardless of opposing views, we need to take necessary steps to align with our inner Divine purpose, whatever that may be.
- Neptune is in Pisces (its home sign), which may cause us to feel confused about how to resolve all of the squares and oppositions in this grand cross. The lower expression of Neptune is victimization, escapism, and addictions. It’s like a thick fog that rolls in and obscures our vision. We need to be careful because the fog can cause appearances to be deceptive. However, if we can consciously choose to use the higher expression of Neptune, it can help us to find resolution by showing us the way through the fog. Neptune is highly intuitive. However, with all the Gemini (mental) energy present, the best solutions will be found by attaining a balance between our intuition and our minds. For example, we could use our intuition to tap into new possibilities, but then we need to carefully evaluate whether those ideas are realistic. Or when evaluating possible courses of action, we could use Neptunian values, (e.g., compassion toward self and others, spirituality, service) to determine the correct course.
On Tuesday, June 7, the Sun will square (90°) the North and South Nodes. This could mean feeling torn between the old way of doing things (South Node) and venturing into unknown territory (North Node). Keep in mind that the best journey occurs when we can take what we have already learned and apply it to new situations. This square to the Sun likely indicates that we need to be brave, make a commitment, and/or take steps to express who we truly are in this lifetime. It may require taking a leap into the unknown (North Node), but it also means that we have the skills necessary to be successful if we let our light shine (Sun) and access the abilities we have accumulated earlier in this lifetime and even in past lifetimes (South Node).
On Sunday, June 12, Mercury enters its home sign of Gemini, where it will remain until Thursday, June 30. After a couple of weeks in slow-moving, earthy Taurus, our minds will begin moving more quickly. We may be able to apply what we have recently learned in very practical ways. Our ability to sort through a lot of data will be enhanced, which is a good thing, because during the course of the next 2.5 weeks, there may be times when we experience “information overload.” Luckily, Mars will trine (120°) Chiron the same day. So at least we will start off this mentally active period with energy that may help us take actions that sort out any wounds or emotional issues that have cropped up.
Then on Monday, June 13, Neptune joins Mars, Saturn, and Pluto in retrograde. Neptune is a slow-moving planet and always remains in retrograde for about 5 months out of every year. But unlike other planets, Neptune in retrograde can actually be positive. When Neptune is moving direct, it can cause fog to roll in. When in retrograde, the fog often recedes (or at least recedes at times). Stay alert to unconscious material that may be revealed because this can facilitate deep healing. Our intuition tends to be heightened when Neptune is in retrograde, and things that were difficult to fathom before may be easier to understand. Listening to our “inner voice” is very important during this time of year, as is avoiding the shadow side of Neptune’s energy (e.g., victimization, escapism, avoidance, passivity, addictions of all kinds). Also, many of us will feel an intensification of our need for spiritual fulfillment.
The next day (Tuesday, June 14), the Sun forms a sweet sextile (60°) to Uranus. This could allow us to more clearly see who we really are. This insight may come “out of the blue” or from an unexpected source, and it could cause us to reconsider our plans. This process is helped by a free-flowing trine (120°) between Pluto and the North Node, which can provide us with the courage we need to do some new inner healing work and/or to use our power in new and productive ways.
On Wednesday, June 15, the Sun squares (90°) Chiron. With the extra light provided by the Sun, we may clearly see what still needs to be healed in order for us to move forward. However, because this is a square, this insight may require that we face something we would rather ignore. This could lead to feeling less than perfect, but avoiding the issue will leave us more vulnerable. We all have flaws, and we need to always remember to see our mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
Overall, this New Moon and the powerful grand cross are part of a bigger picture for humanity . . . our movement into a more heart-centered consciousness that recognizes that we are all one. Watch for times when we let our past experiences “color” our belief system or reactions. Any “knee jerk” reactions are likely due to past conditioning or old wounds. When we observe this happening, we need to take a deep breath, remain curious/adaptable, and have an open mind. This will help us see things as they really are instead of how we “think” they should be. The energy right now is a soup with many ingredients. Many of us are experiencing overdue endings, needing to clean up what has been left unfinished, bravely starting in new directions, and needing to make often difficult but necessary choices. The goal is to fully allow our soul to express itself on the earth plane, which benefits everyone. We need to keep our minds open to new possibilities and remember, “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul” (Brigitte Nicole).
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
- For information about Dr. Reith’s downloadable ebooks and meditations, feel free to visit her online Store
SOME INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
New Moon at 15° of Gemini
- Saturday, June 4, 7:59 p.m. PDT
- Saturday, June 4, 10:59 p.m. EDT
Sunday, June 5, 2:59 a.