FULL MOON IN VIRGO-Focus on intuition, insights, and the “re” words (February 25, 2013)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 8:39 p.m. on Monday, February 25. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Pisces will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Virgo. To further clarify how this Full Moon in Virgo will impact you on a personal level, locate 8° of Pisces and 8° of Virgo in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Full Moons provide us with the light to see what has been, up until now, lurking in the shadows of our awareness. We often find that we gain clarity regarding problems and receive insights into how to remedy them. And often the solutions we seek are found through balancing the qualities of the two signs involved.
This Full Moon in Virgo requires that we find a balance between the signs of Virgo (Moon) and Pisces (Sun). Virgo represents our need for discernment. We need to discern between who we really are and who we were conditioned to be by our parents, education, culture, religion, race, country, etc. We need to release what no longer serves us and what is hindering our physical, emotional, or spiritual healing. Pisces, on the other hand, represents our need to transcend the material world and connect with our spirituality. Pisces teaches us that we are not just a drop in the ocean; we are also the ocean.
Piscean energy is heavily influencing us at this time. Not only is the Sun located in Pisces, but so is Mercury, Mars, Neptune, and Chiron. And just a few hours after the Moon is full, Venus moves into Pisces as well. Within that grouping of astral bodies is a configuration called a Stellium (4 or more planets in close conjunction). This provides us with a super emphasis of Piscean energy, which means that the spiritual tasks of Pisces will be difficult to avoid! We are being strongly urged to see through the illusion of duality, trust our inner knowingness/intuition, and realize our interconnectedness with all of life. Given the presence of Chiron, our path to healing past wounds might lie in learning how to surrender or in seeking alternative approaches to healing. Within some of our relationships, we may learn that yielding and forgiving may be the most effective and successful approach. Meditation and prayer are supported at this time, as is any activity that puts you in a trance-like state that allows you to better let go of the illusion of separation. Pay particular attention to dreams, intuitions, and synchronicities.
The time of this Full Moon and the next 7-10 days are an incredibly active time astrologically. These is so much going on that I’m going to forgo many of my usual references to aspects (e.g., squares, trines). Instead, I will focus on what those many aspects might mean during certain periods of time.
- On Saturday, February 23, Mercury begins its first of three retrograde periods during 2013. This retrograde period (which lasts until March 17) occurs in Pisces, while the next two occur in Cancer and Scorpio, respectively. All 3 of these are water signs, which means that this year we are being encouraged to get in touch with our feelings and to receive information through emotional or intuitive sources. This retrograde period in Pisces fosters metaphysical exploration, altruism, and “random acts of kindness” (especially due to the presence of Mars which will spur us to take compassionate action). Mercury was already pretty dreamy in Pisces, but this 3.5 week retrograde period means that standard logic and ordinary communication could prove challenging. Now, before you begin to worry that the next 3.5 weeks will be filled with nothing but horrible experiences involving communication, remember that we have 3 retrograde periods each year involving Mercury. Therefore, it is in our best interest to reframe these times in a positive way. Yes, communication mishaps and nuisances are possible, but the positive use of this energy is focus our energy on any “re” words, such as revision, review, redo, repair, revise, restructure, etc. Forward momentum may not be supported now, but we are more able than usual to work on unfinished projects or fix something in the “foundation” that will allow us to have the support we need once we are ready to move forward again in about 3.5 weeks. And given that Mercury is retrograde in Pisces, thinking outside the box (i.e., using our intuition) may solve problems that have baffled you for some time.
- Many of the planets in Pisces are squaring (90°) the planet Jupiter. And Jupiter is also squaring (90°) the Moon in Virgo. This means that at the time of the Full Moon, Jupiter is the “focal planet” of a rather powerful T-Square. This astrological configuration may prompt us to question our most fundamental beliefs. We are being reminded that truth is relative and that there are a multitude of ways to look at things. Having information is not the same as having knowledge . . . or using that knowledge wisely. Our grasp on the metaphysical realities are expanding now. We are being asked to “think differently.” Again, watch for important insights, intuitions, and inspirations around the time of the Full Moon and during the 3 days following it (especially February 26-28). We may find solutions to current problems or we may have new ideas and inspirations. And we’ll be able to juggle them all due to several supportive aspects that provide us with valuable resources that can guide us through the most demanding situations. We are being shown that acceptance (rather than time) is what is needed to heal some wounds. It might be helpful now to ask yourself “Who or what do I still need to forgive?” I often recommend the use of a powerful Hawaiian practice called Ho’oponopono. Click here to read my blogs that explains how to use this technique.
- As mentioned above, Venus enters Pisces on the day of the Full Moon (Monday, February 25). Venus is a happy camper in Pisces, so you will likely see and experience increased evidence of the spiritual and unconditional sides of love. For the next 24 days, while Venus is in the sign of Pisces, resistance to romance may melt away. However, there can also be a tendency toward seeing what we want to see in others rather than seeing people realistically. This can lead to disappointment, so watch for signs that you might be idealizing someone and/or activities. But the romance trend does continue: On Thursday, February 28, a conjunction (0°) between Venus and Neptune will help all of us find pleasure in wherever sensual direction we put our focus. It could be the beauty of nature, the soothing sounds of music, the sensuous aromas of food, or the slightest touch of a hand. Boundaries disappear and there is a blending of physical, emotional, and spiritual love into an intoxicating cocktail of total connection.
- Between Friday, March 1 and Sunday, March 3, several aspects will prod us to shed illusions and seek the truth. Regeneration is a gift available to us if we are ready to come down out of the clouds and do the hard work of turning dreams into reality. This is a perfect time to find the discipline and direction to make magic happen. We are being provided with a dose of self-trust, which will sustain the inner drive needed to stay the course.
- Between Monday, March 4 and Thursday March 7 is an incredibly active period astrologically. On Monday, the week may start off with a need for introspection. Insights into our inner workings will be the gift of this alignment, but it may be difficult to put what is going on with us into words. Once we feel ready to focus externally again, we may find that we are tempted to go after everything. However, doing one thing well is more useful than dabbling in a variety of activities right now. This is also an important time to be selective. Purging is called for now, and we are being given an opportunity to choose what to eliminate from our lives rather than having the choice imposed upon us. Astrological aspects occurring now will provide gentle guidance and will provide an easier flow of communication. Remember that a little tenderness can go a long way, especially during this time period. Other aspects are providing us with positive structure of purpose and commitment. We are being called to restore sanity within our relationships, maximize our personal resources, and revive our artistic impulses. Through our conversations with others, we will find our thinking and ideas clarified. Toward the end of this period, a sextile (60°) between Mercury and Pluto can enhance problem solving skills. We may find ourselves more open to experimenting than usual, which could resolve one or more sticky issues. It helps that we may be feeling more competent than we usually do, which will help us break down rigid lines of thinking and feeling. Our need for freedom grows, but so does the potential to let go of limiting attachments. And at this time, we have the resilience and tenacity to provide healthy reality checks. Breakthroughs are possible in our relationships and financial matters.
Overall, this Full Moon in Virgo is asking us to find balance between our relationship with the physical world (Virgo) and our relationship to Spirit (Pisces). The emphasis on Pisces is giving us the support and encouragement we need in order to develop what is often referred to as our “emotional intelligence,” which is the ability to use our emotions to guide us toward our answers. At this time, we may want to ask ourselves, “What beliefs are holding me back?”, “What is no longer true for me?”, and “What was never true but was simply what I was taught?” It is important now to forgive yourself, others, and even God. Be grateful for all of your experiences, no matter how painful, because each one has taught you important lessons in this lifetime that will be carried forward into future lifetimes. In conclusion, at this time it is especially important to, “Learn to follow the quiet voice within that speaks in feelings rather than words” (S. R. Heller).
New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 8° of Virgo
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 12:26 p.m. PDT
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 3:26 p.m. EST
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 8:26 p.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
Various online sources