FULL MOON IN TAURUS – New energy, new ideas, and more changes are coming! (November 17, 2013)
In the Pacific Time Zone (PST), the Moon will be full at 7:15 a.m. on Sunday, November 17. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Scorpio will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Taurus. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 26° of Scorpio and 26° of Taurus in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Although the intensity of Scorpio’s influence and the ongoing Uranus/Pluto squares (90°) are still present, this Full Moon in Taurus will feel much calmer than the recent New Moon in Scorpio & Solar Eclipse (November 3, 2013) and the Full Moon in Aries & Lunar Eclipse (October 18, 2013) that preceded it. But all Full Moons do require finding balance between seemingly opposing qualities and areas of our lives:
- The Sun is in Scorpio at the time of this Full Moon. Scorpio is the sign of intensity, passion, depth, determination, transformation, and healing. This may be a time when we see a metamorphosis in our basic identity so we are more aligned with our life purpose. The key word here is “power”! We will need to learn how to recognize where our power lies (we all have it!) and then learn (or refine) how to control and use our power to master situations around us.
- The Moon is in Taurus, and Taurus is the sign that is down to Earth, responsible, reliable, patient, loyal, and cautious. The Moon typically enjoys its stay in Taurus. Although, this may be a time when we feel a bit of resistance to making decisions (Taurus is a fixed sign); once we make that decision, it will usually be well-thought out. At this time, we feel an emotional connection to anything that we feel is beautiful or that brings us comfort and security. Our artistic or romantic sides will shine. However, this can also be a time when we feel a very strong need for stability, safety, and security. There is nothing wrong with this, but other astrological aspects now are encouraging all of us to be flexible and embrace change (see later aspects). Being as adaptable as possible will make the next two weeks a more enjoyable time period than if we dig in our heels and resist.
With this Full Moon in Taurus, we are being asked to find a balance between the needs of the Taurus Moon (e.g., security, finances) and the Scorpio Sun (e.g., personal values, transformation). This does not mean that we should ignore one side or the other. In order to navigate this Full Moon and reap its benefits, we will need to address both sides and find a balance. For many of us, this will require that we seek balance between transformation (Scorpio) and accepting things as they are (Taurus).
But as I said, Scorpio’s energy is very prominent now because the Sun, Mercury, the North Node, and Saturn are all in this intense sign. As we discussed last month, Scorpio is all about digging deep and going into the shadows to find what needs to be healed. This could mean exploring those issues that are running below the level of our awareness . . . those issues that are subconsciously influencing us in often not-so-positive ways. Scorpio’s ultimate intent is healing and transformation, and this often comes through facing our fears and our inner gremlins.
The Full Moon in Taurus is also a time when we are asked to make adjustment in our relationship to the physical world. We need to be neither too attached nor too dissociated from the material plane of our Earthly existence. Taurus is ruled by Venus, which means that we need to explore what makes us truly happy. We also are being asked to think about how we can develop our talents and self-esteem so we can truly embrace our ability to manifest what we want and need in the world.
At the time of the Full Moon in Taurus, Venus squares (90°) Uranus and conjoins (0°) Pluto. Having the planet of love and relationships enter into the mix of the ongoing Uranus/Pluto squares (90°) means that we are being pushed toward redefining the rules of partnership. This will likely include emphasizing the need for cooperation, ingenuity, integrity, and the healthy use of power.
Following the Full Moon in Taurus, there are several other aspects that will be influencing us during the next two weeks:
- On Tuesday, November 19, a very productive sextile (60°) occurs between Mars and Jupiter. This aspect is a special gift! But as with all sextiles, we have to make the conscious decision to use this energy . . . or lose it. It’s easy to ignore or overlook the opportunities offered by a sextile, and we have several sextiles occurring during the next 2 weeks (see below). With this sextile, we can easily use the energy of Mars and the enthusiasm of Jupiter to begin a new endeavor or finally make progress on that “big” task that we’ve been avoiding. The only warning is that we don’t overdo it, although holding ourselves back may be challenging today!
- The next day (Wednesday, November 20), another sweet sextile (60°) between Mercury and Pluto will help us accurately perceive any situation. This influence will provide us with more insight and psychological understanding than usual. Our minds can focus on critical details, and we can also communicate a great deal in just a few words. We can be patient and strategic in any decision-making.
- On Thursday, November 21, the Sun moves out of Scorpio and into light-hearted, adventure seeking Sagittarius. Can I hear an “Amen!” about this?! With so many planets recently in Scorpio (and the added emphasis of the eclipses and the Uranus/Pluto square), I think we all will be grateful for the breath of fresh air that Sag brings. We may find that in the coming weeks, our focus will shift to a need to reach out to the world and connect with something larger than ourselves in an ethical and possibly educational way. We feel ready now to expand our horizons and possibly incorporate new ways of thinking into our lives. Optimism, hope, and faith are much more likely to be present than in the past few weeks.
- On Saturday, November 23, Venus sextiles (60°) Saturn. We will want to find order, maturity, and stability within our relationships. A new sense of realism in existing partnerships is present, but we may not feel like overtly expressing our emotions at this time. Business partnerships can benefit because they often require a great deal of maturity in order to survive. We may experience support coming in the form of people from our past, older persons, or even authority figures.
- Then on Sunday, November 24, a square (90°) between the Sun and Neptune can either confuse the heck out of us or inspire us with fresh hopes and dreams. It’s like magical fairy dust is being scattered over our lives, which can be either delightful or unwelcome, depending on how we use it. It’s not a day when we will feel too energized. This is a good time to take a much-needed break, focus on artistic or spiritual pursuits, or help someone in need, which will likely be very rewarding. But regardless of what we are doing, be aware that we may have insights into problems or issues that “come out of the blue.” Jot these flashes of intuition down so you evaluate them later to see if they are realistic and have the energy to take action on the ideas that make sense.
- On Monday, November 25, Mercury conjoins (0°) Saturn. As with all aspects, this energy can be expressed in constructive or not-so-constructive ways. With this aspect, the lower expression would be to become highly skeptical or critical. When used in a more productive way, this aspect can help us work through the details that can lead to magical solutions. Our ability to focus and concentrate is enhanced, but we might need to go off by ourselves in order to think or work effectively. We will want to see tangible results come out of our ideas, and this might be a good day to start a new project that involves communication (e.g., speaking, writing, teaching).
- And yet another sextile (60°) occurs on the morning of Wednesday, November 27, this time between Mercury and Venus. Today, our words will be diplomatic, charming, and gracious. This is a good time to deal with negotiations, business deals, writing, teaching, public relations, and any joint ventures. Tender conversations and delicate words melt resistance to intimacy. And a trine (120°) between Mercury and Jupiter later in the day will support us in expanding our thinking and enhancing any form of expressive communication.
- The next day (Thursday, November 28), which is the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, an opposition (180°) between Venus and Jupiter can make it a challenging time if we are unaware of the energies involved. Disappointments are likely if we allow our expectations to be too high. We also may find it difficult to find a healthy balance between our responsibilities and our personal desires. But we will likely be in a social mood and open to experiencing new and different things! The trick to successfully navigating the day will be moderation in all things (e.g., appetite, activities, expectations).
- Finally, on Saturday, November 30, we end the month with an absolutely fabulous trine (120°) between the Sun and Uranus. Flexibility is the key to using this energy in positive ways. A unique idea or approach may suddenly become apparent, and creative changes or amazing discoveries are possible. The day before, during, and after this transit, we should take advantage of any unusual, unconventional, or unexpected opportunities. We may be surprised at the benefits we reap from these! Whether it’s doing something entirely new or simply an adventure in self-discovery, this transit stimulates fresh and lively energy in our lives.
This Full Moon in Taurus is asking us to find a healthy balance between our material pursuits and our inner healing. It is also reminding us that exploring the depths of our psyches (Scropio) can be an easier journey if we remember to stop occasionally and enjoy the simplicity and sensuality of our physical worlds (Taurus). We are also being asked to examine the contrast between self-interest and sharing, with the goal of more gracefully moving along the line between what’s mine (Taurus) and ours (Scropio). Many of us can sense that many big changes are coming (or are already here), and later this month, the movement of the Sun into Sagittarius and a series of mostly positive, supportive aspects (i.e., sextiles, trines) will bring more light, ideas, and happiness into our worlds. During times of change, it’s important to remember that, “Don’t be afraid to change. You may lose something good, but you may gain something better.” (Unknown)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (www.AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 26° of Taurus
- Sunday, November 17, 2013, at 7:15 a.m. PST
- Sunday, November 17, 2013, at 10:15 a.m. EST
- Sunday, November 17, 2013, at 3:15 p.m. GMT