FULL MOON IN PISCES – We are not anyone’s Source (September 8, 2014)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 6:38 p.m. on Monday, September 8. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Virgo will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Pisces. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 17° of Virgo and 17° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
All Full Moons require us to find a balance between the energies of the signs involved. With this Full Moon, we are being asked to focus on both our need for logic, discernment, effort, and duty/service (Virgo) and our need for imagination, acceptance, intuition, and faith (Pisces). Although the analytical approach of Virgo can sometimes feel like rain on Pisces’s parade, its presence helps us with understanding the emotions that often come to the watery surface of the Piscean Full Moon’s energy. During any Full Moon, we cannot over-emphasize one sign or the other; the qualities of both signs are equally important now if we want to fully capitalize on the energy of this Full Moon in Pisces.
So the trick is balance! For example, don’t over-analyze your emotions, but don’t ignore the help that Virgo can provide. Virgo is the sign of physical health and Pisces is the sign of spiritual health. There is a great potential for healing here if the needs of both signs can be address, because Chiron is closely conjunct (0°) the Moon and opposing (180°) to the Sun. This will greatly increase our chances of healing physically, emotionally, or spiritually, but it may require uncovering the fears and wounds that keep unhealthy behaviors or beliefs in place.
In general terms, this Full Moon in Pisces starts off an entire month that is relatively calm compared to the intense energy that we experienced during the month of August. September should feel a lot lighter! But this Full Moon is the fifth (and final) SuperMoon of 2014. SuperMoons intensify the power of the Moon’s phase by exerting more pressure on the surface of the Earth (e.g., tides, weather) and on our inner worlds (e.g., consciousness). However, given that the energy of this Full Moon in Pisces is often experienced as flexible and spiritual, that means that the SuperMoon could amplify these positive attributes. During the days right before and after the Full Moon, we might find it easier than usual to get in touch with our feelings and engage in self-nurturing activities. Yes, emotionality can be heightened (as is true during any Full Moon but especially a Full Moon in Pisces), but it’s also an excellent time for meditation and creative endeavors.
NOTE: This Full Moon in Pisces and the next New Moon in Libra (Tuesday, September 23) are excellent times to catch our breath and do the type of inner work described above, because two eclipses will ramp up the energy again during October.
The issues of spirituality and creativity are also emphasized due to a strong opposition (180°) between Venus and Neptune. But on Wednesday, September 10, we will experience a sweet sextile (60°) between Mercury and Jupiter. This aspect will help us see the big picture (Jupiter) while not missing any of the details (Mercury). Intellectual pursuits will be easier now than usual.
Venus also plays an important role for the week following the Full Moon:
- On Wednesday, September 10, Venus forms an exact opposition (180°) to Neptune. We may feel a bit more vulnerable than usual, because all of our senses are heightened. We will be more attuned to the world of beauty, the arts, and imagination. It can be a “magical” time in our relationships if we remember to approach ourselves and others with gentleness. Our hearts are softened, which can lead to compassionate acts. Just be sure that those actions don’t lead to making sacrifices that aren’t necessary or wise.
- On Sunday, September 14, Venus will trine (120°) Pluto. This positive aspect is very sensual, too, but in a much deeper way. Our concepts of love can be explored easily now and without the drama often associated with challenging aspects (e.g., squares, oppositions). This would be a good time to renew a commitment to anything or anyone that you love. It will also provide us with the power to persevere in our relationships and with our personal goals.
- Then Venus will form an exact opposition (180°) to Chiron on Wednesday, September 19. This will again bring increased sensitivity, especially around relationship issues. However, the focus now is on healing and the process may not be as pleasant as the previous aspects. We are being asked to look at where we may have wounds around the giving or receiving of love. Any dysfunctional beliefs about finance may also come up to be healed. The key to moving away from past wounds and toward a brighter future is building healthy self-esteem, making peace in relationships, and expressing our creativity and enjoying life in the present.
These aspects involving Venus provide support for healing self-esteem issues, including any tendencies toward codependence (i.e., sacrificing your needs for the needs of others). A supportive sextile (60°) between the Sun and Saturn on Thursday, September 11, occurs in the middle of all of this, which will help by providing an added boost of self-trust, self-confidence, and a clearer sense of purpose.
During this same time period, a t-square configuration (i.e., right triangle) will be impacting us. We all continue to be impacted by the ongoing effects of Uranus squaring (90°) Pluto (2012-2015). This time, Mercury will be the planet that joins them by squaring (90°) Pluto on Tuesday, September 9, and opposing (180°) Uranus on Saturday, September 13. This will influence us for about a week. The former aspect could bring issues of jealousy and even paranoia to the surface, but it can also bring into awareness information that has been previously hidden from us. The latter aspect could bring flashes of insight that stretch our minds so healing can occur. Our minds are very active during this time. It’s like we are tuning into Source energy for answers to our questions. For example, we may find that we come up with some very creative solutions to long-standing problems or a brand new idea may suddenly appear. The only potential downside to this transit is that we may speak or act without thinking, and thereby unintentionally hurt someone. This is more likely to occur if you have more fire signs in your chart than earth or water (air signs could go either way). But this aspect can impact any of us, so we all need to be little careful to make sure our words are said with compassion and caring.
Additionally, on Saturday, September 13, Mars ends its 6-week stay in Scorpio and moves into Sagittarius, where it will remain until October 27 (about 6 weeks). While in the fixed sign of Scorpio, our energy was stubborn, passionate, and emotionally intense. This shift into Sagittarius will bring a breath of fresh air! It will enhance our flexibility, and our energy will lighten up a bit. This is a good time to focus on having fun and being playful, which is supported by Jupiter’s current transit through Leo. However, Mars in Sagittarius has been known to go too far at times, so make sure your actions don’t become reckless.
Overall, the Virgo-Pisces axis is sometimes referred to as “the service axis,” and again, balance is key. We need to express our spiritual need to be of service to others (Pisces) while maintaining order in our day-to-day lives (Virgo). Without the influence of Virgo, altruism can turn into martyrdom. A supportive trine (120°) between the Moon and realistic, patient Saturn will help us see things clearly before we commit to something that might be better left to someone else. Always remember that you are not anyone’s Source; we each have our own Source that provides for us what we are ready to receive. So when giving to others, it should always be a “win-win.” If not, then you can trust that someone else will be sent by Source to lend a helping hand or speak those important words. It may be helpful to remember that, “The wound is the place where the Light enters you” (Rumi).
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (www.AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 17° of Pisces
- Monday, September 8, 6:38 p.m. PDT
- Monday, September 8, 9:38 p.m. EDT
- Tuesday, September 9, 1:38 a.m. GMT