FULL MOON IN PISCES-Are your hemispheres communicating with each other? (August 31, 2012)
This Full Moon on Friday, August 31, finds the Sun in Virgo in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Pisces. To further clarify how this Full Moon in Pisces will impact you on a personal level, locate 9° of Virgo and 9° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most affected by this Full Moon’s presence.
All Full Moons require us to find a balance between two seemingly opposite parts of our lives. This time, our challenge is to give equal attention to Virgo and Pisces. Virgo is all about logical thinking, analysis, practicality, efficiency, and organization. Pisces is all about intuition, compassion, emotions, and spirituality. Virgo sees the trees, and Pisces sees the forest; and both are equally important!
One way to look at the differences between these two signs is to look to the human brain. Virgo can be compared to the left hemisphere (i.e., logic, linear thinking) and Pisces to the right hemisphere (i.e., creativity, non-linear thinking). In order to live effectively, we need both sides of our brain, and a thick bundle of nerve fibers called the corpus callosum allows communication between the hemispheres. When this bridge between the two hemispheres is damaged, each is deprived of valuable information that could be provided by its hemispheric partner.
Another way to look at this Full Moon is the different ways in which these signs approach service. Virgo rules the tools and techniques that we use to deal with day-to-day life. Pisces rules the tools and techniques that we use to deal with our spirituality. The key is to find a balance between maintaining order in our everyday lives while identifying and expressing our spiritual needs. Neglecting either end of the axis leads to either excessive order (Virgo) or chaos (Pisces).
This theme of needing to balance logical thought with intuition is being emphasized in several ways right now astrologically, and many of these astrological events support taking effective action. There are also emphases on the importance of deep healing and on relationship issues.
- Right before the Full Moon on Wednesday, August 29, the Sun makes its second of two trines (120°) to Pluto this year (the first was on April 29). This aspect reinforces a sense of purpose and engenders a will to achieve results. We can better insure the effective use of this energy by pruning a task to a more manageable size or simply eliminating extraneous activities. A concurrent harmonious sextile (60°) between Mercury and Saturn provides us with the gifts of clear thinking and concise communication that will support us in getting work done.
- On Thursday, August 30, the North and South Nodes shift into Scorpio and Taurus, respectively, where they will remain until February 2014. Deep issues (Scorpio) are coming up in tangible ways (Taurus) in order to be healed or expressed at this time of humanity’s transition (nodal influences). During the next 1.5 years, there is little personal value in plodding toward external goals if internal needs aren’t being met. Finding a balance between material necessity and spiritual fulfillment ensures a more rewarding journey. Growth now will occur for those who are willing to get to the bottom of their desires, heal what needs to be healed, take action toward their life mission, and work with others to meet their needs.
- At the time of the Full Moon (Friday, August 31), Neptune is conjunct (0°) the Moon. Neptune is the ruler of the Moon, so this adds power to the impact of this Full Moon in Pisces. Neptune’s presence may nudge us toward a desire to leave reality behind. However, escapism is unlikely due to the presence of Pluto, which trines (120°) the Sun and sextiles (60°) the Moon. This provides us with a safety net that keeps us from going too far off course. The planet of transformation (Pluto) is supporting us in our efforts to dig deep to find the resources needed to turn our dreams into reality.
- Also on Friday, August 31, Chiron is conjunct (0°) both the Moon and Neptune. Chiron is an important asteroid that represents the ability to heal, with particular emphasis given to self-healing before healing others. Chiron also represents holistic understanding and can signify important awakenings. When grouped together like this, the Moon, Neptune, and Chiron, all of which are in opposition (180°) to the Sun, we are being asked to see that everything changes, nothing is separate, and as Ram Dass put it, “It’s all God in drag.”
- And if all of this activity on Friday, August 31 wasn’t already enough, Mercury moves into earthy Virgo on the same day, which helps us to think and communicate in precise ways. For the next few weeks, many of us will be analyzing and deciding what is useful and what is impractical. Dealing with details now is easier; however, it is important to not lose ourselves in the details and lose sight of the bigger picture.
- A pair of aspects on Monday, September 3, will put the spotlight on our relationships. First, Venus will square (90°) Saturn, which could lead to self-doubt and thereby complicate our relationships. However, a sweet sextile (60°) between Mars and Pluto could provide the psychological muscle to face our self-doubts and insecurities head-on so we can move into a new place of self-confidence. Taking responsible actions within our relationships is critical now, and doing so could lead to deep healing.
- On Tuesday, September 4, we may all find that we engage in profound thinking and deep conversations due to an easy-flowing trine (120°) between Mercury in Pluto. Taking the time to examine issues more deeply may reveal underused resources and provide material to make compelling arguments. A sextile (60°) the next day (Wednesday, September 5) between Mercury and Mars supports addressing concrete issues rather than abstract concepts. And later that same day, a trine (120°) between the Sun and Moon helps us keep our feet on the ground by helping us see that common sense is more valuable than trying to sound clever.
- On Thursday, September 6, Venus moves into romantic, affectionate Leo, where it will remain until October 4. The focus on relationships continues with this planetary shift. Relationships of all kinds are warmed by the generosity and creativity of Leo’s energy. However, the lower expression of Venus in Leo can be insecurity and a need for attention. During the next few weeks, avoid any problems within all types of relationships by expressing gratitude, which we often feel but fail to express. A little bit of gratitude goes a long way toward keeping the peace and avoiding any roars from the lions in your life!
- Finally, on Sunday, September 9, a difficult square (90°) between the Sun and Jupiter can cause some of us to overreach our limits due to our need to prove ourselves. Stretching personal limits of awareness and action is admirable, but holding anyone up to unreasonably high standards is . . . well . . . unreasonable.
This Full Moon in Pisces is calling us to face whatever is showing up now so we can move to the next level. We are being urged to live life based on our own set of personal values by finding a balance between our spiritual truths and earthly realities. This is a time of the Great Awakening, the shift of the ages, the dawn of a new era. This is why we all came to Earth, so we could be of service during this extraordinary transition. It is important now to align everything in your life with your mission. Especially now, finding balance between our earthly needs (Virgo) and spiritual needs (Pisces) is essential to our progress. And remember, “You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.” (Thomas Merton)
REMINDER: New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
Full Moon at 9° of Pisces
Friday, August 31, 2012 at 6:59 a.m. PDT
Friday, August 31, 2012 at 9:59 a.m. EST
Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 p.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
Various online sources