FULL MOON IN PISCES-Another Grand Trine means another opportunity for change! (Sept 12, 2011)
This Full Moon finds the Sun in Virgo in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Pisces. To further clarify how this Full Moon in Pisces will impact you on a personal level, locate 20° of Virgo and 20° of Pisces in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most affected by this Full Moon’s presence.
Full Moons always illuminate two opposite but complementary energies that are inextricably intertwined. To fully benefit from the Full Moon’s potential, we cannot over-emphasize one end of the continuum while ignoring the needs of the other. Our goal is to find a balance between these two energies. Virgo is about logic, discernment, effort, and duty/service. It symbolizes the birth and growth of spirit in physical form. Pisces is about imagination, acceptance, intuition, and faith. As the final sign of the zodiac, it represents the return to Source.
Emotions may run strong during the time of this Full Moon. The Sun and Moon are squaring (90°) the Moon’s Nodes, so we may acutely feel the difference between the “ideal” (Pisces) and the “real” (Virgo). And some of us may feel the urge to get away from the daily grind and escape, either through fantasies or actual forms of escapism. However, if we face the need for balance between these two extremes, this lunation may reveal ways to find balance between our dreams and our duties. And because the Moon is trine (120°) Mars in Cancer, this can provide us with extra energy and with the ability to confront issues with sensitivity.
And there is wonderful astrological support for all of these possibilities! At the time of this Full Moon, Mercury in Virgo is trine (120°) both Jupiter in Taurus and Pluto in Capricorn. This triangular relationship is called a Grand Trine, which represents a very easy flowing energy. The planets involved are all Earth signs. Their combined energies indicate that this is a time when we will be able to easily explore realistic possibilities for expansion. It also facilitates identifying and then letting go of what is excessive, stifling, or disempowering. Mercury, Jupiter, and Pluto reveal that as we change our thoughts, we can change our physiology, which in turn can change the very structure of our reality. Much can be changed right now in our belief systems and in our lives with minimum effort and resistance.
During the time of this Full Moon, several planets change directions, retrace over important astrological points, and/or change signs:
- On Thursday, September 8, Mercury moves into the analytical sign of Virgo. During the next few weeks, our thinking will be sharper, our perceptions will be honed, information will be organized, and increased efficiency in our activities will be facilitated.
- On Wednesday, September 14, Venus moves into her home sign of Libra, which can open our hearts and will give all of us a taste of the social season to come (when the Sun moves into Libra on September 23). However, due to several stressful aspects, it may be a few days before we begin to experience the graciousness of Venus in Libra, including the ability to find beauty and peace in our daily lives. This shift will likely happen when playful Mars moves into fun-loving Leo on Sunday, September 18.
- On Friday, September 16, Pluto ends its 5-month retrograde phase and begins to s-l-o-w-l-y move forward again. When any planet changes direction, its influence is greatly intensified, especially the slower moving “outer” planets like Pluto. Very gradually, we will see that we can move forward in those areas of our lives where inner transformations have been occurring since Pluto began its retrograde motion back on April 8. Very gradually, we will likely experience an increase in both passion and power in certain areas of our lives as this planet gains speed in the weeks to come.
- On Saturday, September 17, the Sun squares (90°) the degree of the June 15 Lunar Eclipse, which will give us even more incentive to take a giant step forward.
- On Monday, September 19, Saturn returns to the degree where it last stationed retrograde on January 25, which will likely help us clearly see the changes that we have made in our relationships since that time.
Overall, this Full Moon in Pisces and supportive Grand Trine are providing us with the support we need to find a balance between our duties and our dreams. We have free will, so it is up to us to decide if we will take on the task of finding a healthy balance between two equally important energies. Over the next few weeks, social relationships will likely take center stage, and many of us will begin making necessary changes in our lives to support the new directions that are unfolding before us . . . individually, socially, and globally. It’s important now to remember that “It’s not where you’ve been, but where you’re going” (Mike Dooley).
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
FULL MOON IN PISCES
- Full Moon at 20° of Pisces
- Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:27 a.m. PDT
- Monday, September 12, 2011 at 5:27 a.m. EST
- Monday, September 12, 2011 at 9:27 a.m. GMT
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources
- Anne’s interpretations