FULL MOON IN GEMINI – Possible conflicts between our current reality and our core beliefs (December 6, 2014)
In the Pacific Time Zone, the Moon will be full at 4:26 a.m. on Saturday, December 6. With this Full Moon, the Sun in Sagittarius will be in opposition (180°) to the Moon in Gemini. To further clarify how this Full Moon will impact you on a personal level, locate 15° of Sagittarius and 15° of Gemini in your birth/natal chart. The issues associated with those two houses are going to be most impacted by this Full Moon’s presence.
Full Moons are times when we are asked to evaluate where we are in terms of the goals we set for ourselves at the time of the last New Moon (November 22). If we have made changes that support our intentions, that’s wonderful. If not, then this is an opportunity to change course.
With all Full Moons, success will come from balancing the two signs involved. With this Full Moon in Gemini, we are being asked to find a balance between our day-to-day thoughts (Gemini) and our beliefs, values, and philosophy of life (Sagittarius). This may be experienced as a conflict between our current reality and our core beliefs. We also need to be careful not to get lost in seeking ultimate truths and consequently fail to recognize the reality of multiple perspectives present in everyday life.
This Full Moon in Gemini is a powerhouse of change because it occurs just a few days before the sixth of seven revolutionary squares (90°) between Uranus and Pluto. (The last square will occur on March 16, 2015.) This next-to-the-last square will be exact on Sunday, December 14, but we will be feeling its impact for several weeks before and after this date. Squares require a change in direction. Uranus represents individuality, independence, change, and chaos; whereas Pluto represents where we face our worst fears and how we deal with issues related to power. Humanity has been going through major transformations since the first square in 2012. During these final squares between Uranus and Pluto, both we as individuals and society as a whole are being given some final opportunities to question the importance of concepts such as duality versus oneness. Our goal is a greater understanding of how unity and connectedness lead to power that can be used to support and not suppress. And as is true with all major Uranus aspects, problems only occur when we resist change. If, on the other hand, we can be the ones to initiate change, then we often will feel empowered and liberated.
A series of aspects and planetary sign changes occurring around the time of this Full Moon provide a plethora of support for a spiritual revolution:
- Right before the Full Moon (Thursday, December 4), Mars moves into humanistic, future-oriented Aquarius, where it will remain until January 12, 2015. This placement supports us in taking action that is innovative. Our thinking becomes less emotional and more detached, which may help us discover new methods for dealing with old problems. Our energy levels can be dynamic, but they can also be erratic when Mars is in Aquarius. We will likely prefer to work together with like-minded others rather than alone, especially if it is for a humanitarian cause.
- In addition to the Sun, the planets Mercury and Venus are also in Sagittarius at the time of this Full Moon. Sag is the sign most associated with the quest for truth, meaning, and understanding our role in the grand scheme of creation. It is also the sign that is most associated with our ability to connect with something larger than ourselves.
- Mercury is closely conjunct (0°) the Sun, which can help us express our basic identity. We are very motivated to align our thoughts with what we want, and our words can carry more weight than usual. However, we may find ourselves focused inward, and the resulting introspection can make objectivity difficult today.
- Also at the time of the Full Moon, a grand trine (i.e., equilateral triangle) configuration is formed between the Sun/Mercury (in Sag), Jupiter (in Leo), and Uranus (in Aries). This free flowing fire energy will add power and excitement to the Full Moon, and it may increase our awareness of new possibilities. We are being given support to step out of any rigid thinking to discover alternative ways to interpret reality. Intellectual breakthroughs are possible, and this can be an exciting, even mind-blowing time. However, we may also feel a strong need to “speak our truth”; and given Jupiter is involved, that can be taken to an extreme. Honesty is commendable, but it is important to keep in mind that the truth is best served on a platter of compassion.
- A t-square configuration (i.e., right triangle) reinforces this need for sensitivity. Chiron in sensitive Pisces is closely squaring (90°) the Sun/Mercury and the Moon. T-squares always require that we pay attention and often take new or different actions! With this configuration, we are being asked to heal our inner wounds (Chiron) by finding a healthy balance between our head/mind (Sun/Mercury) and heart (Moon). This may call for a change in perspective or direction, which is often the case with squares and particularly t-squares. But given the involvement of both the Moon and Chiron in emotional Pisces, speaking and acting from a heart-centered place will be critical, especially if discussing sensitive topics.
Just two days after the Full Moon (Monday, December 8), Jupiter begins its next retrograde phase, which will continue until April 8, 2015. When Jupiter turns retrograde, our expansion becomes “an inside job.” Our focus is on inner awareness and growth. During the next four months, our answers to larger questions about meaning, purpose, and morals may come from within rather than from others. This is a time when we are better able to let go of limiting beliefs and experience new truths. We may feel drawn to explore new philosophies or spiritual practices, or we may feel back to old philosophical approaches or fields of study that we abandoned in the past and now feel compelled to explore again.
On Wednesday, December 10, Venus moves out of Sagittarius and into Capricorn, where it will remain until January 4, 2015. Our relationships, finances, and anything that we desire or value become serious matters now. Socially, our behavior will be more restrained than usual. The lower expression of Venus in Cap is a desire to dominate, but this isn’t a common expression of this placement. More than likely, we will feel a need to lead through cooperation, but we will understand at a core level that it takes time to earn rewards, love, and respect. Our relationships with business partners and co-workers are enhanced, which supports us in achieving our ambitions.
An exact trine (120°) between Mercury and Jupiter on Friday, December 12, may feel like the floodgates of communication have opened up. There will be a lot of thinking and talking during this expressive aspect. We may be able to pull together the lower mind of facts (Mercury) and the higher mind of beliefs and aspirations (Jupiter). This is a good day for anything that requires accurate observations, teaching, or learning. Short trips are possible, and you might even receive an interesting offer.
Sunday, December 14 is a jam-packed astrological day! An exact trine (120°) between the Sun and Jupiter will bring excitement. Growth and expansion are emphasized, and we won’t want to settle for anything less than the biggest and the best. Although this aspect can bring strong opinions, it also will increase optimism and create a sense of adventure. A sweet sextile (60°) between Venus and Neptune, though, will likely soften any tendency toward being socially inappropriate in how we expressed those opinions. Gentleness is the best way to harness this aspect’s energy. However, before we get lulled into a false sense of security, this is the day that the Uranus-Pluto square (90°) becomes exact (see previous discussion). Most of us will be feeling ripples of change that will likely undermine any sense of certainty. Again, the best advice is to not resist any needed changes. Purging anything that is no longer needed can also be helpful.
Finally, on Tuesday, December 16, Mercury joins Venus in Capricorn, which will bring more serious energy into our lives and our minds. Mercury will remain in Cap until January 6, 2015, during which time our thinking becomes methodical and our focus is on practical matters. We are more able than usual to sort through data to find what is essential, and precision is important when it comes to how we communicate with others. The only downside is that our thinking can become too rigid, which can cause us to be perceived as harsh. So remember to keep everything in perspective and laugh about what makes each of us special.
Overall, this Full Moon in Gemini is encouraging dialogue, brainstorming, and envisioning new possibilities. The “mental axis” of Gemini/Sag means that we need to find a balance between our lower mind (Gemini) and our higher mind (Sagittarius). It is likely that something has been brewing inside for some time, and now may be the time to let it emerge. Expressing ourselves is essential, and doing so in a compassionate way will be very important if we want our message to be well received. Always remember to use the Law of Attraction now to focus your thoughts on what you want (rather than what you don’t want). You may be surprised at the results! The question posted by Abraham-Hicks is particularly important now: “Whatever you’re thinking about is literally like planning a future event. When you’re worrying, you are planning. When you are appreciating, you are planning. What are you planning?”
WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE NEW & FULL MOON REPORTS?
If you are not already on our email list, please be sure to join Anne Reith’s Online Community so you are guaranteed to receive her New & Full Moon Reports.
THIS BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN BY
- Anne Reith, Ph.D. (AnneReith.com)
INFORMATION TAKEN FROM
- The Mountain Astrologer (magazine)
- Various online sources (e.g., www.cafeastrology.com)
- New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
- Full Moon at 15° of Gemini
- Saturday, December 6, 4:26 am. PST
- Saturday, December 6, 7:26 a.m. EST
- Saturday, December 6, 12:26 p.m. GMT